064---660 swap

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

showrguy

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
howdy fellas, was wondering if i could put a 660 p/c on an 064 and use the 660 top cover w/compression release ???? without having to re-engineer everything..
thanks in advance

I've got an 064 with a OEM 066 P&C. Epicklien has one with a 066BB on it. The 660 plastic will bolt on but is wider than the crankcase and carb housing and doesn't look right. You can't swap carb housings because it's wider than the tank. You can swap the entire tank to the wider one, but then you're back to it being wider than the crankcase. It's best to either cut a hole in your 064 shroud, or just go without a decomp. The early 066 P&C I have doen's even have provisions for one.

thanks brad,
i was looking on fleabay for 064 plastic... couple of ones on there but the seller says 066-064 like they are the same part # ?? that's why i'm a little confused ya see..??
i might stop by "the barn" this weekend, the guy has a complete 064 (missing top end and plastic) that has a tag on it saying "rebuildable, needs p/c"..
i have a good 066 cylinder so i was thinkin about pickin it up ??

You will want to drill the cylinder bolt holes in the case with a 13/64 drill and tap them to M6x1 also. It also requires slotting the 660 cylinder base slightly to make it fit. Im doing one of these right now.

Another problem I had is that the muffler sticks out front further and required spacers on the bottom holes, but I believe the reason is that I have an early 064 case and a different muffler than what most have.

I'm not aware of any differences in 064 cases. The one I have does not need the muffler spaced. I know some did use a spacer between the muffler and cylinder. I have one but have not needed it.

The only difference I know for sure is that some used M4 bolts to hold the covers on. I have 3 cases, 2 use the M4 bolts to hold the top cover on, and the saw I got from Lakeside uses M5. The IPL also shows this.

thanks guys, that helps a bunch.
i might stop and get it, like i really need another saw project, or another saw for that matter...
i had 1-360 pro when i found this site..
now have the same 360 pro, 036 pro, 361, and 2-460's, all in excellent condition, along with a wall full of bars, cabinet full of chains, ect
3-460 projects, 2-440 projects and now probably a 064 w/660 top end ???
damn, i'm really pist at you guys !!!!!!!!!
i gotta start selling some things...

My 064 has no muffler spacer as well. Going from my memory, the cover screws are M4 on mine as well. I've got two 064 parts saws that just need a P&C kit them. I've been thinking about doing this mod as well.

:cheers:

My 064 has no muffler spacer as well. Going from my memory, the cover screws are M4 on mine as well.

The muffler i have on mine doesnt use a spacer in front of the exhaust port. Basically the front is too long for the bottom 2 mounting bolts to the case, so I had to make a spacer for them.

"I've got two 064 parts saws that just need a P&C kit them. I've been thinking about doing this mod as well."

I have a very nice OEM 064 P/C that needs a good saw. I just need the rest of the saw other than the case and crank.

My 064 has no muffler spacer as well. Going from my memory, the cover screws are M4 on mine as well. I've got two 064 parts saws that just need a P&C kit them. I've been thinking about doing this mod as well.

Hmmm. How much to part with one? My 064 needs a big brother.

And I thought I was getting over my CAD issues.............

Latest posts

Back