066 with 9T rim sprocket?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't have a single problem bud I didn't do it for the length but for the safety of not having the chain derail on me. So check up before you start saying I have problems.

I don't have a single problem bud I didn't do it for the length but for the safety of not having the chain derail on me. So check up before you start saying I have problems.

Gee whiz;

You quoted me but called me "bud". But hard to tell with your punctuation problems.

But wait.....you have no problems.

Have you had a problem with the chain jumping?

I said thanks. What IS your problem......

Gee whiz
You quoted me but called me "bud". But hard to tell with your punctuation problems.

But wait.....you have no problems.

Have you had a problem with the chain jumping?

I said thanks. What IS your problem......
Sorry teacher didn't realize I was in English class. I stated the reason I bobbed the end of my bar. You said you would just,add a couple links ,which I stated I didn't have a problem with my chain. You stated well grinded the end of your bar, which had nothing to do with why I cut the heel of my bar. I believe I stated that twice before. Wasn't trying to be an Ass but I guess you didn't get what I was saying so I had to explain.

Last edited:
are you joking its like you are saying with this so called BB kit you will have more power than stock :msp_confused: just for fun well fun will be far from what you would be thinking when you run it ,if you are lucky you may only be down a little on stock power..BB kits are cheap and nasty.. but yeah how do they get anything like stock power and spend half the bucks yep add more cc sad but true...but then i dont sell them so can tell it like it is?:bang: just saying cheap top end's no matter the cc is just that it dont mean more power. but true it does if you sell them! ...if i did how much power do you need yep this BB kit will out do that and more!!:msp_sneaky:..:bang:

064 with a big bore 100cc top end.

It's running out of fuel in the third cut but.......

[video=youtube;eXHTVS_wuSo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXHTVS_wuSo&feature=plcp[/video]

Hi all,
another slightly newbie question. I'm playing around with a few mods on my recently aquired used 066 (muffler mods etc), I've a 25" bar, 3/8th 8T sprocket. Has anyone ran 9T or even 10T or similar configuration?
What would the advantages/disadvantages be with such a setup regarding chain speed/pitch/gauge etc?

Cheers,
Russell

The pins beat the crap out of the drivers so if you actually want to use the saw for production probably not a good idea, although you will have to sharpen the chain so often to make it work it might somewhat even out, probably not.

Better get a couple of the pinned rims since they do not seem to hold up very well, get some spare chains.

Clutch springs are cheap, buy the bag and get a spare clutch as well.

Drums are not all that expensive so pick up a couple spares with bearings, get the oil pump drives.

Get some spare clutch covers, oil pump covers and perhaps a bulk pack of chain catchers.

Chop the bar, might as well get a spare bar.

You got some legit chaps?

OR just put a $10.00, .404 X 8 rim on it and give that a whirl for a while. New tip and a chunk of chain and call it a learning investment.

Advantage=Chain goes really fast.

Disadvantage=Chain stops going really fast when it touch the wood.

Last edited:
Sorry teacher didn't realize I was in English class. I stated the reason I bobbed the end of my bar. You said you would just,add a couple links ,which I stated I didn't have a problem with my chain. You stated well grinded the end of your bar, which had nothing to do with why I cut the heel of my bar. I believe I stated that twice before. Wasn't trying to be an Ass but I guess you didn't get what I was saying so I had to explain.

Except your method doesn't change the angle of the chain.

Mine does....

Have you ever seen a .404 8-pin? They are huge.

yep they surely are 1 3/8 7pin 2 3/8 8 pin 3 .404 8 pin . but then again some pepole think a saw doing 7000 rpm is fine

attachment.php

Just throwing my $.02 in here..

I run an 8 pin on my stock 066 with a 25" bar as my standard setup. If I change to a longer bar, I also swap the sprocket back to 7.

Here's what it looks like.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Ei1kiRM_fjQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Latest posts

Back