084 Stihl Inner muffler

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

B-Edwards

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I know the outer muffler is very hard to come by, but what about the inner muffler? I need an inner muffler for an 084. Does anyone know where to get one? Does anyone here have one for sale?

I would be very appreciative for any help finding one of these. Thanks for any help.

I loaned mine out to a friend ( like a moron) the outer muffler breaks at the corner from one screw becoming lose. He runs it until it breaks the other corner off then he fixes it it by,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Using self tapping screws to secure the outer to the inner all along the top. He really thought it was better than before. He's a good guy just a dumb ass when it comes to this. I will only loan him a hand saw from now on.

I got a nice outer, But need that inner. Appreciate any help

The 084 muffler is no longer availible from Stihl since 2009. The part number for the muffler (USA, AUS, CDN version) is 1124 140 0605. The european version 1124 140 0600 is also no longer availible.

I found a used one here, but it`s expensive. Maybe you can have a look on ebay or other places.
https://store.chainsawr.com/products/stihl-084-av-chainsaw-muffler-assembly

The 084 muffler is no longer availible from Stihl since 2009. The part number for the muffler (USA, AUS, CDN version) is 1124 140 0605. The european version 1124 140 0600 is also no longer availible.

I found a used one here, but it`s expensive. Maybe you can have a look on ebay or other places.
https://store.chainsawr.com/products/stihl-084-av-chainsaw-muffler-assembly
I had found that one already and if you look closer it says item out of stock or unavailable. But I do appreciate your reply and effort to help me. Hopefully someone starts making an aftermarket replacement soon.

Thanks again.

Latest posts

Back