10 degree Down angle ? on Full chisel chain

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm positive that I have boxes of RS that show the 10 degrees, but I have not purchased any since I started using square, so if it changed, I'm in the dark.

Also, I have never used a guide.
I think your right Mike, stihl RS did spec that chain with a 10° down angle in the past but changed or simplified things and now claim all chain except square to be a 0° flat filed. The makers usually get good ballpark angles that suit most conditions and users. lt's about finding out what is best for 'your' cutting requirements and adjusting things accordingly. l try to do as philbert does and keep grinding the same numbers so as to remove less material, getting more milage out of a chain. Can't wait to get some windsor chain thats coming with a speed tip for my 550xp. Sucks its near impossible to find a small husky mount bar that is 063, thay all seam to be 050/058. I have noticed lately many angles stihl specifies on their chain chart are not factory ground that way. Alot of semi chisel is spec'd at 30/75/0 and comes off the roll more like 30/60/0.

Back