10 year Old Poulan 3500

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
stihlaficionado
Ran the Poulan(pooplan to some) today after sitting for nearly two years.
Took a while to start(10-14 pulls), coughed a bit, smoked, shuddered, and got to work on 3 year old frozen oak. No chain brake, heavy, sorta ugly, but a gamer, that saw. I was just about to donate it to a worthy cause. The darn thing hasn't died yet. Still has original bar. Guess I'll have to keep it...:chainsawguy:

Freakingstang

Freakingstang

Doctor Freakinstein
My dad used to have a 3500, and before that a 3000 (I think). They always served him well, but he got rid of them before I got into the saw thing. I want to get one like he had when I was growing up, but he nor I remember the model number and I haven't searched acres site to find the right pics.

I still like my old 5500 poulan, just wish it was a 6000 instead.

vapnut257

vapnut257

ArboristSite Operative
Don't give that saw away! Save it for when one of your primadonna saws lets you down. I can always count on my 10 year old Poulan 2100 to come through for me when my Stihl or Husqvarva are wasting away in the repair shop, or won't start because the fuel mix is getting close to 30 days old, or whatever other reasons these finicky, over priced saws fail to get going. I don't think that 'ol Poulan of mine cares how old the fuel mix in it is. Even though you have it on the bottom of your saw list, hang on to it... just in case.

If the truth is known, there's probably a bunch of others here that own one of these much maligned Poulans and have to rely on them from time to time too! (They're just too proud to admit it)

Latest posts