101 Question for the non CA carrying tree workers....

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here I found this definition of hack !!!!!
8a7u5amy.jpg

subatomic physics roflmao! the term is "quantum physics" lol. had to say it bro, im a geek and that caught my eye. i have a lot of red alders on my property, we use them for fire wood since they grow fast and we have enough land to keep them far away from the house. red alders are notorious for growing that way. they can be cut one at a time but you can be sure that rot is going to work its way in over time. if your just holding out for your tree to mature a lil bit before harvesting the fire wood and its not a hazard, no problem, if its near your home or is a hazard in any way, :chainsawguy:

subatomic physics roflmao! the term is "quantum physics" lol. had to say it bro, im a geek and that caught my eye. i have a lot of red alders on my property, we use them for fire wood since they grow fast and we have enough land to keep them far away from the house. red alders are notorious for growing that way. they can be cut one at a time but you can be sure that rot is going to work its way in over time. if your just holding out for your tree to mature a lil bit before harvesting the fire wood and its not a hazard, no problem, if its near your home or is a hazard in any way, :chainsawguy:

Physics Division: Subatomic Physics

Better let those idiots at Los Alamos know they're studying the wrong thing.

so.... an answer isn't correct unless it uses identical terminology? the tree wont stop the decay from a loss that size is the same answer that you gave but without text book terminology, so its incorrect? whats the point of this thread anyway? it sounds to me like someone sits at home with their fancy certificate and reads about arboriculture while the rest of us are out practicing arboriculture. hey guys, I learned something today so I am going to ask a loaded question and then throw my bada$$ness all over you. ok buddy.

i have been at this a few years. i am educated in arboriculture. i am not a "CA" because its not required. i am fully insured. i do the right thing by the homeowner and the tree. i care about trees and i care about people. i am honest and hard working. i do good, safe, clean work at a fair price. I AM A HACK!

if it were me inspecting that tree, heres what i would say.. the tree obviously worries the home owner. that's why its cabled. so its either they like the tree or don't have the cash to remove it. i'd find out. a tree with that weight and that distance from the house can build tremendous force before it hits. its natural design and the fact that it might have included bark and decay near the base increases the "odds" of failure. the leaning tree would have tension wood on the joining side acting as strap or muscle contracting to resist failing. once decay removed enough of that wood, the tree would likely barber chair. which is a much more violent break with less resistance during the fall. thus, greater impact.

make the check to "Hack's Pooper Scooper Tree Service" we guarantee sh*tty work!

Jeez, thought for a moment that I might have been alone in my opinion that this thread was started out of snobbery and petty bullying. For those of you who stood up for yourselves, I give you all rep points for not letting people push you around. :)

It's loaded question. From the pic no one can see the base. Nice job smartass.

If that tree is touched it needs to go. Did any of you even consider the wind loads and switchbacks?
Sure a cable would hold it up.

This post sucks and taught everyone NOTHING!

Started out of snobbery for sure! Loaded? Totally!

I'd rather talk about Subatomic Physics, or is it Quantum Physics? I always thought it was Quantum Mechanics, but I'm a crappy mechanic so I guess I'll stick to trees...

Latest posts

Back