109 dolmar

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

osb_mail

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I am working on a 109 for my grandpa ,so I have to replace the chain brake assembly ,couple rubber mounts and bar .It is have problem with the carb. My dolmar dealer almost flat out told I was not physically able to rebuild it on my own . Saying without having the right gauges I could not do it . So how hard is it really you got any tips . He was trying to me to buy a new carb instead rebuilding it .

I am working on a 109 for my grandpa ,so I have to replace the chain brake assembly ,couple rubber mounts and bar .It is have problem with the carb. My dolmar dealer almost flat out told I was not physically able to rebuild it on my own . Saying without having the right gauges I could not do it . So how hard is it really you got any tips . He was trying to me to buy a new carb instead rebuilding it .
I rebuilt a 133 sachs dolmar a few years ago. The only specialized tool I needed was a flywheel puller. I wouldn't think you would need anything special for the chain brake, and the rubber mounts simply screw out with a pair of channel locks.

Not really all that bad. However first check your fuel line and vacuum line! the 105 and 103 and 09 were real bad about kinking and causing them not to run.

the saw runs good but the carb seem like it out of adjustment my dolmar guy said that in less the limit caps were broke off there was no adjustment . Ok might sound dumb but I dont even know what a limter cap is anybody got any pictures

Limit caps are placed on the carb adjusting screws to keep un qualified persons from fooling with them. They can be removed and the screws adjusted. You can do this don't be intimidated by them. You can probably go on line to Dolmar and down load an owners manual for this saw and get a little info on it. Also I suggest finding a general repair manual some where (not necessarily brand specific) to get some background on how to adjust a carb. Or read the forum here and you can get the same info for free. Do a Search for Carburator, or Carburator adjustment. Good luck. Relax and have fun with it.

Back