10lbs of **** in a 5lb bag. :P

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JeffL

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Well, all loaded up with my new toys to head out for a day of pruning and removals tomorrow. Have a buddy stopping buy with a chip truck and chipper in the afternoon after I flop 3 decent sized sugar maples and get em all limbed and bucked up. I get to leave the pruning brush on site and chuck it down the bank behind the house. :p (5 big sugars, 3 norways, a small american beech) Other than that, something tells me I'm gonna probably start eye-balling used trucks real soon........ :greenchainsaw: :greenchainsaw:

stuffincar.jpg

stuffincar2.jpg

Last edited:
Don't worry Jeff, your still looking good. I had all my gear in the back seat (stacked to the windows), trunk packed with wood, and the butt blocks in the front seat (91 Honda Accord). You have plenty of room yet.:cheers:

Looks like the 2hunge there, what's the other Stihl rearhandle saw? I am going to guess it's a 440.

PS- get a big a$$ duffle bag or 2 for the gear, I run 3 bags packed. 1 with saddle, spikes, climbing line; 1 with hand lines, pole saw blade, portawrap; 1 with rigging gear, fliplines, and misc. Makes for more efficient transporting.

Last edited:
Nice looking gear! If you get a truck you can't keep it all so clean, won't look right! I use a duffel bag, large mountaineering style backpack and a rope bag like you have. Rigging gear goes in the duffel, climbing gear goes in the backpack and climbing rope and misc in the rope bag. Throw the pack over my shoulder and can carry the other two bags, everything at once. Ground guy carries the saws and gas.

I'm a one man show workin on the side. And tomorrow will be the first time that brandy new MS460 sees wood, I cant wait. :greenchainsaw:

Good call on the duffel bags, saves alot of moving single pieces of material around, plus it keeps the stuff from getting everything else dirty. (I'm somewhat anal about my interior, I drive alot, and no one likes driving in a dirty car!)

And yes, thats a 200 and 460, and after working over a willow a few weeks ago, I'm already kind of wishing I had got the 16" bar on it instead of the 14", but oh well, it keeps the revs up! :chainsaw:

Should be some video tomorrow of some maple trees going BOOM! :clap:

Those hooks look like mine, Buckingham offsets with 4" cinch Cpads.

Yup, thats them. Have a set at work and love em, can spend all day on them and not have an issue.

Guy called me at 630 this morning and realized he forgot today was the day I was coming over (left him a reminder voicemail last night), and that he'd have to postpone because his daughter was in from out of town and sleeping on that side of the house. :chainsaw:

LOL, reminds me of when I first started out. I had a Datsun B210 with a hatchback and I carried all my gear in the back. With the gas prices now I wish I still had that car. I now have a GMC Sonoma with a camper shell on back. It gets decent gas mileage and keeps my climbing gear dry. I have a dump truck to haul with now and my partner has a crew cab to haul our guys around. All I use my truck for is to transport myself and climbing gear from job to job and to get around and do sales. Nothing fancy but it saves me money on gas.

arborplex

lightweight, fairly strong, cheap. whats not to like? using it as a climbing line...... i started out climbing on arborplex, as im sure many have. I also started out on the conventional half hitch and tautline, like most, and arborplex will bind up your friction hitch. it is however great rigging line. im thinking about trying out theyre 5/8 for rigging, or the 3/4 if they got it.

WATS this your first job all new eq tom trees

No, the 200T has already seen a few tanks of fuel run through it. The only thing thats truly "new" is the 460. New length of Hi-Vee after someone at work decided to borrow MY rope, and it seems to have wandered off, so I cut myself a new climbing line off a spool of rope at work. :chainsaw:

And yes, my "work truck" gets between 33 and 38mpg! :clap:

Well, all loaded up with my new toys to head out for a day of pruning and removals tomorrow. Have a buddy stopping buy with a chip truck and chipper in the afternoon after I flop 3 decent sized sugar maples and get em all limbed and bucked up. I get to leave the pruning brush on site and chuck it down the bank behind the house. :p (5 big sugars, 3 norways, a small american beech) Other than that, something tells me I'm gonna probably start eye-balling used trucks real soon........ :greenchainsaw: :greenchainsaw:

stuffincar.jpg

stuffincar2.jpg

Looks good to me - I worked out of a car for years before I acquired a PU...

This is my new truck... the economy has forced me to scrap cardboard and quit stump grinding!:jawdrop:

Latest posts

Back