-11 again, good grief,,,

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Butch(OH)

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
-11 here is N Cental OH this morning, cannot remember when we had so many zero and below nights in one winter, must be global warming? I am glad we had extra wood put up because of the hurricane last fall. The OWB has no troubles keeping up but gets hungry. I realy need to get after the insulation and air leaks in my shop, the air handler runs 24-7 when it is this cold.

We should be able to ship you some warmer temps here in the next day or so. Might even manage to keep it above freezing for a few days.

It was 3° here this am

Went I went out and got on the tractor to go plow out my folks driveway. They are returning this afternoon from a week in Florida. I have just been busting their drive open with the dually and the jeep.. But their van might not make it in and out.. I plowed the drive last week. but we have had so much blowing snow..
I needed an excuse to get the 4x4 tractor out anyhow.. Hopefully tomorrow we will warm up enough to make the sap flow. Then we can really begin to make the syrup.
Took me quite a while this am to get the ice from my mustache and beard.. I think it was ice.. It did look like boogers though:) Tasted like Ice though.:)

I agree, been a bit colder this year than I can ever remember.
Just wait, by this weekend it will all be a muddy mess :cry:

-11 here is N Cental OH this morning, cannot remember when we had so many zero and below nights in one winter, must be global warming? I am glad we had extra wood put up because of the hurricane last fall. The OWB has no troubles keeping up but gets hungry. I realy need to get after the insulation and air leaks in my shop, the air handler runs 24-7 when it is this cold.
I was cutting wood yesterday ( next years) it was +12c some ware in the 50f:)I like it when it is -5C or 30F for cutting as the woods are solid no mud no bugs and no people on the weekday's.All the Ground Hogs in North America say 6 more weeks of winter! supposed to snow here tomorrow we need the moister.

I was cutting wood yesterday ( next years) it was +12c some ware in the 50f:)I like it when it is -5C or 30F for cutting as the woods are solid no mud no bugs and no people on the weekday's.All the Ground Hogs in North America say 6 more weeks of winter! supposed to snow here tomorrow we need the moister.

Hey Guys it looks like we have succeeded in sending our global warming to Canada:clap: Now maybe we can make more smoke and keep our 2 cycle saws.

Hey Guys it looks like we have succeeded in sending our global warming to Canada:clap: Now maybe we can make more smoke and keep our 2 cycle saws.
Na all Gore is American! it was -38 here in Dec but I was in the Mediterranean!:)But my gas furnace was running! I was very uneasy about that when I called home.

Well here it just warmed up to -10 today. It was -40 yesterday morning. And that's real temp not a windchill.
Good thing I have lots of wood left!

Plowed drives yesterday (think it was colder).
Wifes car said -18.
Took most of the day to plow 5 driveways.

1) Start pot of coffee
2) Dress up for cold weather. Go to tool shed plug in block heater on tractor.
3) Go back to house. Eat breakfast. Drink pot of coffee.
4) Dress up again. Go to tool shed. START tractor. (Hooray it started).
5) Go back to house. Make another pot of coffee. Drink about HALF.
6) Go back to tool shed. Get Doors open. Listen to hydraulics whine
Push snow. Hydraulics finally quit whining. Heater never does work well.
7) Put tractor back in shed about 5 PM. trying to get warm.

Butch,

Don't worry, it will be 50 degrees and raining by this weekend(and well into next week too)! I hope the ice is all gone so I can finally get back out and cut some more trees down, stack some of my split wood etc.

Yes it was cold!

We had -17 here this morning. Darn cold. Burning up some of next years supply if the winter keeps up like this!

Back