125c super pro fuel mix?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carym2a

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Hi, I'm new to the forums here, I'm trying to find out what the correct mix was with this old Mac 125C , I'v seen 25:1 32:1 40:1 all over the net, I figured I would see if some cutters that used these saws remember the mix , I know 125 SP and 125C SP were not the same.

thanks
Cary

Most use somewhere in the 40:1 to 50:1. As long as you are using quality oil, and good gas your good to go. If you can find non E fuel thats even better, the rubber parts dont like the ethanol very much.

BTW welcome! And you need to post pics of the 125:msp_thumbup:.

The original mix ratio for the SuperPro125C was 20:1.But with the modern oils that we now have that is not needed anymore. Just use a good quality oil. I us Stihl Ultra mixed at 50:1 in all my saws, some quite a bit older then that one.

I'd keep it kind of wet on the oil side. Say 32:1 with 2T oil at a minimum. A little blue smoke is quite in character for this saw :)

you are 1/2 right Scoot.

Well I was close, I dug the manual out I have with a 1973 print date and it states "with SAE 40 mix 16:1"
"with McCulloch 40/50 oil mix 40:1".

Now this covers the Mac 10,ProMac, SuperPro and G series of saws.

Randy I dub thee the "Sawtroll of the Mac world":laugh::laugh:

I'v been running 32:1 with 92oct nonE gas since I got it from my father, and he had been running 40:1 for years in it, but it had a lean seizure Afew years ago after useing old E- gas Mix not knowing what we know now about the horrifying effects on small engines. Well I took the old gal home and started in cleaning it up , piston rings are good cylinder was scored below the exhaust port and the lower half of the piston just on the exhaust side , so I honed it very lightly and polished the piston, I'v run a few tanks of fuel through it and seems fine , But I couldnt find anyone around the sawshop to really give me an answer to the right mix and the old timers couldnt really remember , most the guys at the shop are younger then the saw is old. and most just look at me like I'm nuts for even useing or owning some of the old saws i have.

Thanks for the input it really helps
Cary

Latest posts

Back