15,000 rpm in the cut!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The only issue then would be if he would actually make a saw like that for a customer who wanted a durable saw.

I doubt he would do that.

I see that as a fun little experiment, not a working saw.

Obviously.

Video doesnt bother me either. I sure run richer so the saw can do some work like its intended.

Hes just a guy makin videos to ruffle everyones feathers

Not sure his video proves anything other than showing that numbers don’t mean much.

Everyone wants their saws to look good. Who doesn’t?

But I can take any saw I have here, lean it out to 17k, and cut 5” of soft wood without bar pressure and get the tach to read whatever I want it to read.

This saw only held 12k in the cut with a 36” bar. It must be a POS. And only 16k free spooling.

I don't know what some of you guys are talking about.

I see the saw feeding its own way into the wood and carrying rpms. Any decent saw will do that.

That fella is a real sawhand and has skills. I'm not sure what all the discrediting is about. Or maybe I am..

I don't see many others showing on video a full gamut of operating and mechanicin'.

sheesh.
He said he didn't do anything to the internals only the carb, no four stroking, a meltdown just waiting to happen, it has a similar falling against the lean with a soft Dutchman technique ring to it.
Thanski

Deceiving Yes! A lie? Well the saw was technically “in” the wood when he lifted for the high tach reading...
What makes me laugh are the YouTube comments...
Like Andy said, most subscribers Trust Jack, and get the wrong impression from this video.
That saw as tuned would probably get beat by a stock 346 in timed cuts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The only issue then would be if he would actually make a saw like that for a customer who wanted a durable saw.

I doubt he would do that.

I see that as a fun little experiment, not a working saw.

Obviously.
There's nothing done special to this saw to prevent selling it to a customer. It just needs tuned correctly. A ported 346XP most always tunes in the high 15s-16s.

I don't care how lean he wants to tune his saw, he paid for it and can do whatever and smear transfer wherever he wants. Purposely lifting it in mid-cut to saw up the RPM is the deceiving bit I have issue with. If he did it once, it could have been a mistake anyone could make, doing it EVERY time he cut a cookie.....

I don't care what anyone says about jack, he's got skills both with falling and Modding. He's proven himself plenty enough and the evidence is there if you check out one of his many videos. I follow other youtuber's who have bought ported saws from him and they are still running strong to this day. He deserves just as much respect as any capable builder, but certainly no trash talk. Unless you know him personally, you can only judge him based on the same stuff we all see online, and there's no doubt about his skills. Everyone makes exaggerated claims at some point, but jack seems to be a humble man. Good builder, great faller, fun videos to watch. I've learned tons from his stuff! :)

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

I don't think anyone was trash talking. However this video shines a negative light on him for sure. Blindly following someone without accepting the good with the bad, can create a vacuum for the person at the center, which never tunes out well.

Fact. Jack clearly manipulated the saw in the video, to obtain outlandish results, for self promotion. It's his business, it just looks bad IMHO.

I don't think anyone was trash talking. However this video shines a negative light on him for sure. Blindly following someone without accepting the good with the bad, can create a vacuum for the person at the center, which never tunes out well.

Fact. Jack clearly manipulated the saw in the video, to obtain outlandis results, for self promotion. It's his business, it just looks bad IMHO.
QTLA

Fact. Jack clearly manipulated the saw in the video, to obtain outlandish results, for self promotion. It's his business, it just looks bad IMHO.
I agree on the point of him lifting the saw to gain some rpm. But I won't write him off because of it. If I built a saw, I'd be happy if it ran at all first off, and second to achieve that rpm alone would make me giddy. Yes he's showing off, but he's not a shady cheater. He did run some honest cuts there, so we all have a prudy good guess as to what the saw is really capable of. I'll admit I'm slightly disappointed that the title makes it sound like he actually achieved 15k in the cut.

I have no idea who Jack is, but I like turtles.
And here all this time I thought it was pie that you liked.

Regardless, a box of turtles makes a nice afternoon snack! Unfortunately, they are making the boxes smaller, so it leaves one wanting more, even though you ate the whole box :sweet::eek::(

I don't care what anyone says about jack, he's got skills both with falling and Modding. He's proven himself plenty enough and the evidence is there if you check out one of his many videos. I follow other youtuber's who have bought ported saws from him and they are still running strong to this day. He deserves just as much respect as any capable builder, but certainly no trash talk. Unless you know him personally, you can only judge him based on the same stuff we all see online, and there's no doubt about his skills. Everyone makes exaggerated claims at some point, but jack seems to be a humble man. Good builder, great faller, fun videos to watch. I've learned tons from his stuff! :)

Fair enough.

The ONLY thing anyone was judging was his conduct in the posted video, nothing less & nothing more. I'm sure he's a nice capable fellow but what HE did in THIS video was not an honest representation of that saw. Thing is as Andy mentioned the saw looked quite strong and didn't really need anyone to lie on its behalf. Nobody has 'trash talked' him just pointed out the facts as they present.

Back