'15 Echo CS620PW Information

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SO hate to give it away, but that 600 rips, Mike will post a video soon but she sounds real slick... :)

:confused: I fail to see why anyone is interested in that model at all - it isn't that cheap?

I guess some people enjoy a saw that can be reliable and have a great power curve, both before and after porting. Could also be not everyone wants to drop $750-$800 on a 562 with AutoSelfdestruct ( ;) ) when a solid used 600P can be had for half that.

:confused: I fail to see why anyone is interested in that model at all - it isn't that cheap?
Hi Niko how you been? The 600p I s really put together good a nice saw I like the way it handles has a lot of torque spools up quick has a walbro carb all in all I think is a very solid saw as solid as Husky or Stihl.

I fail to see why anyone takes you seriously. I am not brand loyal almost all saw makers at one point or another made a piece of **** product look at the new rancher series of husky or any clam shell saw for that matter from any brand. Brand is nothing it's all about build quality. If you have that it is going to last be reliable and in the case of the 590/600/620 make more power than you think you know. And on top of that they are so easy to work on I can damn near take the whole thing apart with 2 tools.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

BOBCAT's 600P noodling some hard beech wood. Hold great RPM and sounds great...

Finally back from camping. Our new RZR sprung a radiator leak in Oregon so we had to come back to the valley to get it fixed. The new 600p was at the house so took it with us (to finish our trip) to get a few break in tanks through it. I like it a lot but after running the 620p, I knew a MM and tune was in order. Ordered the 600 with a 24" bar because I wanted it for the 620. For the stuff I cut, a 600 with a 20" and a 620 with a 24" is a nice setup.

I know it differs from saw to saw and person to person but how many turns (after tab delete) are you guys (BGE541 in particular) ending up (CCW) from all the way in? Right now on the 600, I'm at about 1 1/4 CCW and it seems to be cleaning up in the cut pretty well (running 40:1). I don't have a lot of rounds at the house right now to practice on though. Don't have a tach and I think it could go leaner but I'm a little cautions after hearing some of the stories on here. Throttle response is nice and quick.

Idaho glad you got you back safe. Tachs are good but on those maybe 1/4 turn out from normal if just muffler modding depending on how broken in they are. Low end gor me have stayed about the same. Rattler did a nice 262 muffler mod that I like.

I have found that the Echo 4 stroke doesn't sounds as harsh as some so set it, run it wot if it sounds good and check the plug, mocha gray is good

Another thing that impresses me is that Rattler was able to make the echos wide power band even stronger. Noodling in that white oak can be tough but it never had trouble holding much higher rpm. Food for thought.

Idaho glad you got you back safe. Tachs are good but on those maybe 1/4 turn out from normal if just muffler modding depending on how broken in they are. Low end gor me have stayed about the same. Rattler did a nice 262 muffler mod that I like.

I have found that the Echo 4 stroke doesn't sounds as harsh as some so set it, run it wot if it sounds good and check the plug, mocha gray is good

Thanks Bud. Yea, just pulled the plug and it (600p) is a little too rich after the MM and carb adjust. Taking off tomorrow for another week of camping so I will get to play with it some more. My MM resembles those that you guys have done. Took my dremel and quarter sized disk and cut the 90* deflector out slicker than heck. Didn't want it super loud so I left the tube and just punched 6 holes around it. Used the same Dremel disk to grind off the ears on the limiter tabs.

I'm about the farthest thing away from being a saw expert but I can say with certainty the MM and tab delete on these 600 series saws is an easy job. And like I said, for the wood I cut, a 600p with a 20" bar and a 620p with a 24" bar is an awesome setup. Took a few pics of the MM this evening and the two new Echo Tough Chests. I'm really liking those boxes. If I didn't know better, I would say Echo made them just for the 600 series saws (perfect fit):

Attachments

• 070.JPG
    070.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 83
  • 073.JPG
    073.JPG
    835 KB · Views: 84
  • 074.JPG
    074.JPG
    718.8 KB · Views: 86
  • 075.JPG
    075.JPG
    716.4 KB · Views: 89
  • 076.JPG
    076.JPG
    822.2 KB · Views: 87
  • 077.JPG
    077.JPG
    792 KB · Views: 74
I like those chests. I was kind of waiting for some first hand experience with them. I'm still using the Ole milk crate. Good to know they are a quality product.

That looks good .... I have heard the 620 with the wrap won't fit in the box but I haven't tried... I def look forward to see what rattler can do with the 620 . With the 20" bar you are right they and just plain fun.

I like those chests. I was kind of waiting for some first hand experience with them. I'm still using the Ole milk crate. Good to know they are a quality product.

Milk crates are pretty much all I've ever used until recently. I like these chests because I can keep a file, scrench, extra chain, brush, gloves, tape measure, etc. in each one. Everything has a designated place so I'm not as likely to forget anything. I can even fold my chaps up and they fit perfectly over the handle end of the saw. I still use one small milk crate for fuel, bar oil, and grease.

I don't think I've ever bought chainsaw related items from Home Depot but they actually had the lowest price ($39.97) and free shipping:

http://www.homedepot.com/p/ECHO-Tou...gclid=CNqjlbTo1MYCFY9ufgodyvgEaA&gclsrc=aw.ds

Surprisingly, they were $59.99 through Amazon.

Milk crates are pretty much all I've ever used until recently. I like these chests because I can keep a file, scrench, extra chain, brush, gloves, tape measure, etc. in each one. Everything has a designated place so I'm not as likely to forget anything. I can even fold my chaps up and they fit perfectly over the handle end of the saw. I still use one small milk crate for fuel, bar oil, and grease.

I don't think I've ever bought chainsaw related items from Home Depot but they actually had the lowest price ($39.97) and free shipping:

http://www.homedepot.com/p/ECHO-Tou...gclid=CNqjlbTo1MYCFY9ufgodyvgEaA&gclsrc=aw.ds

Surprisingly, they were $59.99 through Amazon.
Northern Tool has all black ones for $29.99

Polite responses:
1. They're worth the money.
2. NIB Echo chainsaws can be found (but not nearly as easily as in the past) deeply discounted. The downside is many of them are from businesses that buy items in bulk, they're not authorized Echo dealers. How pallets of Echo saws wind up being sold to "just anyone" I've never understood. Maybe one of the chainsaw dealers here will share some knowledge how that happened? happens?.

Impolite response:
Go back to f.....fondling your Husqvarnas.

Back