192t

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
kruege84

kruege84

ArboristSite Guru
What do you guys think about 'em? I've never run one, nor have I heard much about them. It seems like every time people start talking about top handles, they only talk about the 200. I've got a shot at one at a great price, and even though I don't really need it, the CAD is starting to kick in since I haven't gotten a new saw in over year. Any thoughts or opinions would be greatly appreciated.

:givebeer: :givebeer:

tree md

tree md

Addicted to ArboristSite
I've got one that has been in service for a couple of years now. It hasn't seen as much use by me this year since I got a 200T but the ground guys have used the heck out of it. I put it out for bait so they will leave my 200t that I climb with alone. It is not as well built as the 200 IMO but it is a pound or two lighter. It doesn't have as much horsepower as I like for a climbing saw but it gets the job done if need be. It's great for limbing on the ground and you can run it all day without wearing yourself out. Mine has gotten a little sticky in the kill switch. It's a little hard to turn it off and you have to finesse it a little to shut it off with the kill switch. I seem to be the only one who can do it on my saw. I just tell anyone who runs it to kill it with the choke. Probably a pretty quick fix if I would just take it apart and look at it. Overall, it has been a pretty good performer and I have made lots of money with mine. I would recommend it to anyone who didn't want to spend the money for a 200T

Last edited:
stihl only

stihl only

ArboristSite Operative
I have a lot of local tree services that use them. Most that own their own saw, choose the 200T. The tree services like the 192 because most of the climbers that don't pay for the saws, don't treat them like they paid for them!

Won't have the power of the 200T, but that's a given. They do seem to hold up and run very well and the parts for a 192 are a good bit cheaper than the 200 and 020 parts.

If it can be had for a good price and is in good shape, chances are it can be sold for that same price or more if you find you really don't like it!

kruege84

kruege84

ArboristSite Guru
I've got one that has been in service for a couple of years now. It hasn't seen as much use by me this year since I got a 200T but the ground guys have used the heck out of it. I put it out for bait so they will leave my 200t that I climb with alone. It is not as well built as the 200 IMO but it is a pound or two lighter. It doesn't have as much horsepower as I like for a climbing saw but it gets the job done if need be. It's great for limbing on the ground and you can run it all day without wearing yourself out. Mine has gotten a little sticky in the kill switch. It's a little hard to turn it off and you have to finesse it a little to shut it off with the kill switch. I seem to be the only one who can do it on my saw. I just tell anyone who runs it to kill it with the choke. Probably a pretty quick fix if I would just take it apart and look at it. Overall, it has been a pretty good performer and I have made lots of money with mine. I would recommend it to anyone who didn't want to spend the money for a 200T

Thanks for the quick response and helpful input. The TS400 I use at work has that same problem with the kill switch.

huskystihl

huskystihl

Addicted to ArboristSite
I took my spark arrestor out and tached it because it came rich as could be. Mine sees 3 to4 hours a day and outside of some initial carb issues it is a great little saw. I would have liked the 200 just couldn't see over 500 dollars.

codog

codog

ArboristSite Lurker

I've been at this for 3 years and have 2 192's. I'm very happy with both of them. No trouble whatsoever. But, since I've been taking trees down, I've been visiting this site and reading how happy people are with the 200's. I finally ordered one. It's supposed to be in this week. Paying $500. Every other dealer wanted $550. I'm tired of wondering how good these things really are.

tree md

tree md

Addicted to ArboristSite
200T: There is no substitute!

I've been at this for 3 years and have 2 192's. I'm very happy with both of them. No trouble whatsoever. But, since I've been taking trees down, I've been visiting this site and reading how happy people are with the 200's. I finally ordered one. It's supposed to be in this week. Paying $500. Every other dealer wanted $550. I'm tired of wondering how good these things really are.

Hang on brother, you are in for one heck of a thrill! The 200T is the Cadillac of climbing saws. I used to use the old 020's when I worked for other tree services back in the 90's. I had always been a price conscious, frugal climber in my own endeavors. I finally broke down and bought the 200T two Christmases ago as a present to myself. Actually bought one that was 3 weeks old and used only once or twice from someone on this site for a little over $400. I was tired of all the Echo's, Poulan's, and cheap Husky 142's I had purchased in the past bogging in fork cuts, stalling out when hot, and dropping air filter covers out of trees. I do still use the 192T on small trim jobs, for climbers that come to work for me that don't own their own saw and on the ground but on large removals I will never use anything but a 200T again personally.

DK_stihl

DK_stihl

ArboristSite Operative
200t

Hang on brother, you are in for one heck of a thrill! The 200T is the Cadillac of climbing saws. I used to use the old 020's when I worked for other tree services back in the 90's. I had always been a price conscious, frugal climber in my own endeavors. I finally broke down and bought the 200T two Christmases ago as a present to myself. Actually bought one that was 3 weeks old and used only once or twice from someone on this site for a little over $400. I was tired of all the Echo's, Poulan's, and cheap Husky 142's I had purchased in the past bogging in fork cuts, stalling out when hot, and dropping air filter covers out of trees. I do still use the 192T on small trim jobs, for climbers that come to work for me that don't own their own saw and on the ground but on large removals I will never use anything but a 200T again personally.

:agree2:

The 192T is not a bad saw, certainly much better that that piece of crap 338XP. However the 2ooT is where it's at! You won't regret spending the money!

sawinredneck

sawinredneck

Addicted to ArboristSite
I have one, decent saw, ran it for two? years. Finally crapped out. I think I need a new carb.
Decent saw, likes a muffler mod, but it's a bit of a bear to do.
If money isn't an issue, get the 200, these two saws are not even in the same class! But the 192 is a nice "toss around" saw to have around.

rngrchad

rngrchad

Addicted to ArboristSite
I have a 192t. I think the saw is alright. Seems to be slightly tougher to start during the winter than any other saw I own. Not alot of power but I don't have any other small saws to compare it to...maybe I won't like the power any of these small cc saws put out. Nice and light up in the trees. I have done nothing to it in 5 years and it runs when I need it to...which is on rare occassions.

Latest posts