1932 International "A-2" dump truck

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I checked. I have 7 - 6.50 x 20 new tires. Stored in a dark warehouse and stored flat. Also had one 6.50 x 16 mounted.

First $ 700. Takes all 7. Storage negotiable. :hmm3grin2orange:

That seems like a pretty fair price. I just replaced the 8.25x20's on my 47 Dodge to the tune of almost $1500. OUCH!!!

Nice old 'Binder, dawzie! Love seeing the oldies back in action. What's it use for a hoist? I'm guessing it's from before hydraulics, some sort of a mechanical winch lift?

Here's the road flares this truck will be getting...

attachment.php

I think they're going right where they should... to that old cornbinder.

As for the one bent flag on the right, I straightened that out. Got it that way, looks like someone tried to pry on something with it at some point.

Nice, Kyle. I remember riding around with the old man when he had to fill flares for the night, he worked for the township for 25+ years, all of em in IH trucks.

That seems like a pretty fair price. I just replaced the 8.25x20's on my 47 Dodge to the tune of almost $1500. OUCH!!!

Dang, Andy. Wish I'd known. I got 2 good ones here you coulda had for the price of a visit.

That is a good deal but I think I need to keep them 6.00 X 20. I think my rims are to narrow for that 1/2 inch.

the dump is a pto driven pump mounted by the lift cylinder. I just took a couple of phone pics tonight..

The dump body tag says "aristocrat" and the hoist frame says "wood"

I have not seen any 6 x 20s. Those are NARROW.

These 'look' narrow, and are no where near what a 8.25 look like. They look like the model A tires they are.

They are narrow. I have found them new and used. So far I have seen three different outside diameter.

Email from my dad's tire warehouse buddy.

"Unfortunately that's a Coker Tire, Lucas Classic Tires or possibly M E Miller Tire:

Coker Tire - Buy Vintage Tires and Wheels

Lucas Classic Tires

m. e. MILLER tire

When checking them out be sure and get the tube and flap needed too!

Word of caution though, the rims on them may be the true "split rim" not to be confused with what you probably know as "lock ring" style wheels, or they could be one's that connect in the center via a band that keeps the 2 pieces together. Regardless of what they are I'd be very suspect of their safety and unless a standard lock ring style wheel would NOT put them together NFW. I'd do whatever it took to change it over to tubeless 245/75R22.5, 265/75R22.5, or 9R22.5's etc in order to assure they didn't blow up when mounting or using the vehicle. Imagine being in a parade and it came through all decked out looking awesome and suddenly the wheel comes apart scattering pieces into the crown...shudder."

He says to be careful with those wheels and tires... they could be even more dangerous than the already stupid dangerous locking split rims.

These tires are not cheap. If you can, I would try to find a substitute with safer wheels like he says. I'm scared of locking split rims... more so of ones that don't lock at all... many men have died mounting tires on those Godforsaken wheels. Some shops that still stand today have remnants of one of those explosions. Some have teeth and pieces of the jaw/skull in the ceiling as well.

That 1350 H.P. kitty cat motor weighs more than the max GVW of my truck lol

I'll stick with my 27 H.P. liquid cooled four cylinder eight valve up draft intake with my Hi-performance K&N filter !!

I love the look of that old cast iron brick... just as reliable as a good solid brick too!

They are the "killer" rims. Does anybody make a safer rim that is that narrow??

Click on the pic. read the branding on the tire.Hope N.Y.C. don't come after me

Last edited:
What I would do is see if someone can make a set of wheels that bolt onto there, but aren't split rim. For example, retrofit a standard wheel without the center stamping... but still used the original method to mount it onto the axle.

From what it looks like on your old truck, the axles bolt to the hub, and that hub is an integral part of the axle assembly, which means you couldn't take a standard wheel and bolt it right on. I figure adapters would be far more expensive than a modified steel wheel that can go right in place of those split rims.

Pressing on with some more work. Windshield replace. Old one was broke. Took frame work out of cab, removed top of frame, removed glass, clean with soap/water and wire brush. Removed all heavy rust. Let dry and painted with "ospho". First time using this stuff, very impressed!!. Tomorrow night will paint with gloss black.

Latest posts

Back