1989 Bandit 12" diesel disc chipper

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Treeinnovator

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
price is right, so might buy one this week as a back up. anyone have any opinions on the older disc types? pros / cons? thanks

I'd try it, that is if i could see how it would chip you, feet first of course.

How can you justify that kind of expense?

like i said, price is right and it's works.
but i noticed little things like:
- the self feeder doesn't have those sensors like the new ones.
- bit rusted.
- chute is thinner/tighter than the new ones possibly making it prone to clogging.

i just don't want to go buying something that will be so problematic that it can lead to large downtimes.

like i said, price is right and it's works.
but i noticed little things like:
- the self feeder doesn't have those sensors like the new ones.
- bit rusted.
- chute is thinner/tighter than the new ones possibly making it prone to clogging.

i just don't want to go buying something that will be so problematic that it can lead to large downtimes.

Save your money and give your employees a raise. They are going to make you more money than a back up chipper.

a nice little backup chipper is a big +. for a small operation with only 1 main machine. you'll find yourself busy, running 2 chippers , 2 chip trucks, then 2 crews in no time. double your income..

my input on older chippers, before all the new safety junk they put on all the newer machines. the older ones are the good ones. and will outlive any newer chipper

I just picked up a 2003 Woodsman 18x. I am considering keeping my 1998 Morbark 2100D as a back-up and to see if we can run 2 jobs during peak season. I had my Morbark go down for repairs and kinda lost out on 10 days worth of income... a back-up chipper sounds nice.
Attached is photo of the trip home (to Seattle area) thru Montana. The F350 pulled good over the Rockies and Cascade grades on I-90. The Woodsman weighs in at almost 8000 lbs. Just a couple tree climbers bringing a new baby home nice and slow!

I just picked up a 2003 Woodsman 18x. I am considering keeping my 1998 Morbark 2100D as a back-up and to see if we can run 2 jobs during peak season. I had my Morbark go down for repairs and kinda lost out on 10 days worth of income... a back-up chipper sounds nice.
Attached is photo of the trip home (to Seattle area) thru Montana. The F350 pulled good over the Rockies and Cascade grades on I-90. The Woodsman weighs in at almost 8000 lbs. Just a couple tree climbers bringing a new baby home nice and slow!

i like your logo. do you have a frontal shot or website with it?

I have an older 12" bandit we love it.We dont have any problems to speak of and we run an average of 12-18K chips a week thru it.Last week we ran 48K thru it.

i like your logo. do you have a frontal shot or website with it?

My wife put together a little website for me last winter. The best way to find it is to search google 'tree service, bellingham,WA'... click on Urban Forester Tree Service. She put some before/after and equiptment shots. I like the logo too, customers say it is simple and looks good in the phone book.

Latest posts

Back