1997-2013 hi ranger xt boom recall

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PAtreeguy

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hey guys just letting people know that the high ranger XT Boom has a recall I just got papers today from terex. It's from 1997 threw 2013, i'm not sure if all XT has the recall or if certain serial numbers units are affected. The concern is cracks around the welds on the main Pivot point of the boom, The inner and outer welds where the canvas is covering the leveling chain, as far as I know, none of these have broke just a few cracks have been reported, they are going to weld reinforcement plates on the side of boom. If it has cracked or not there still going to fix, they claim to be a 2-3 hour fix. Have a great day and be safe

I gotten a certified letter in the mail from Terex (hi ranger) I had to sign for it

Hey guys just letting people know that the high ranger XT Boom has a recall I just got papers today from terex. It's from 1997 threw 2013, i'm not sure if all XT has the recall or if certain serial numbers units are affected. The concern is cracks around the welds on the main Pivot point of the boom, The inner and outer welds where the canvas is covering the leveling chain, as far as I know, none of these have broke just a few cracks have been reported, they are going to weld reinforcement plates on the side of boom. If it has cracked or not there still going to fix, they claim to be a 2-3 hour fix. Have a great day and be safe
Terex themselves or subs ?

It was sent from Terex themself, Terex told us that Plates would have to welded on when we called them, they said all the dealers have the plates ready to be put on.
Terex Utilities 605-882-4000
Email [email protected]

Attachments

• terex recall.jpg
    terex recall.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 33

Latest posts

Back