2 Cycle Oil

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine too! I hate to admit it, but she is a better worker then me.:msp_sad: Motivates my lazy arse most of the time. Not afraid to get her hands dirty. She will use an electric saw, but not the gas. But all the other outdoor stuff....she will have at it! Gotta love a farm girl!

Oh yeah..most important....she likes BEER!:givebeer: Waaaaaahoooooo!:msp_wub:

Mine is the exact same, beer too. Maybe I should get her an electric one? (saw) Me I prefer Sambuca:clap:

I just put a couple of drops of 3in1 in 2.5 gallons of gas. Dont smoke much but sometimes it runs a little hot. Other than that it works good.

SD33!!!! Here is my Jeep with one before I swapped in the Cummins. YES it was HARD to start and smokey startup!
1978 Jeep CJ-7 YJ/TJ - Jp Magazine

Very cool Jeep. I had no muffler either. Broke off right after the turbo & never fixed it. Quiet enough. Problem with mine was the alternator was shot. It did double duty as the vacuum pump. Only one I could find was worth more than the Scout. I just had to jump it whenever I started it, and not run any accessories....like lights or heater fan!! :msp_sad: It was a great vehicle, but it was BEAT! Keep yours going!

I know how thick-headed you guys are, so I figured I'd try to maybe "shed some light" on real numbers. I used the search function for half an hour and came up empty, scrolled thru the first 5 pages of the chainsaw forum to spot a thread about oil...nothing. So I start a new thread...maybe you'd like to show me a link? Should I apologize for a new thread of what? Your sarcasm is making me want to put my fist through this screen.

Lol,watch it Davidson,your panties are showing:laugh:
Please don't try to prove your studliness by beating up a poor, defenseless computer screen.You'll only feel bad in the end.
Use a decent quality oil that meets your saw manufacturers specifications and mix it at their suggested ratio.It's really not rocket science.Doing that kind of research and graphing it seems a little OCD to me.
Fwiw,I use Motul 800 in the bike,Amsoil Interceptor in the sled,Stihl or Jonsered in the saws-depending on what my dealer has on his shelf at the time-and whatever is mixed up of the above in the Lawn Boy and weed whacker.
For that matter,sometimes all the machinery gets what's mixed up at the time though I do feel bad dumping good Motul in the Poulan weed whacker.:(

I apologize for derailing the jacked thread. Where did the OP go?

Poor lil fella didn't make it past first page of his first post. He must be really steamed up :angry:

Well anyway, rainbows and butterflies, fellas. RAINBOWS AND BUTTERFLIES. :blob2: :jester:

I have used 4 l of makita oil until now for my dolmar5000.Yesterday I bought 1 l of Sthil HP ULTRA.I hope is beter.:msp_smile:

I know how thick-headed you guys are, so I figured I'd try to maybe "shed some light" on real numbers. I used the search function for half an hour and came up empty, scrolled thru the first 5 pages of the chainsaw forum to spot a thread about oil...nothing. So I start a new thread...maybe you'd like to show me a link? Should I apologize for a new thread of what? Your sarcasm is making me want to put my fist through this screen.

Thank you for your time to do all that figuring on the stihl oil.That brakes it down nice.I guess it comes down to how much you use your saws.You have stated that you have used alot of other oils that have served you well.That tells me that it works.I cut firewood for my self and a few others.So I use Stihl oil because I no it works.If I was in the business of cutting wood I wood use other oils.The stihl oil give me a piece of mind I guess.

I was so busy reading the oil threads in the Chainsaw FAQ, I almost missed this one. Seriously.

The advanced search works pretty well, but I have better luck with the Google box on the toolbar.
I just type in "arboristsite" and whatever I am looking for.

Before I learned that, I got clobbered a few times too.:buttkick:

Latest posts

Back