2-man saw thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is the only two man saw I have ever seen in person, and I wasn't going to pass it up at twenty seven cents a pound when it looked complete, if a little rough and dirty. I'm about to go get it back out of the shop to fiddle with it a bit more and try to get some more gunk off. There are some pictures of it, and the partial saw, in a thread in the chainsaw forum. I'll have to put the bar/chain back on and get some better pics. Near as I can figure, this one has 7/8 pitch chain on it. Still has some life left in it, but could probably stand replacement.

I'm roughly an hour north of Dallas, near Lake Texoma. If anyone has any info they can pass along, I'd sure appreciate it, as I haven't found anything so far.

Iel twin 52

Been working on this saw for a few months now restored it for a friend I just need to assemble the helper handle when it cures .The owner has the bar and chain and cables for him some assembly required lol

Got my KB running yesterday. today we had a chance to put it in some wood and see how it cut. the scratcher chain is DULLLL. i need to find some 3/4 chipper for it. anybody know where i can get some? how good will sharp scratcher chain cut? I will try to post a vid sometime.

disston2_zps9e5b237c.jpg

If you sharpen theat scratcher chain exactly per the book, and just touch the op plate enough to bring out solid metal, you will never look for a chipper chain again. I have a mall 6 with 3' scratcher chain and it cuts like butter through hickory.

If you sharpen theat scratcher chain exactly per the book, and just touch the op plate enough to bring out solid metal, you will never look for a chipper chain again. I have a mall 6 with 3' scratcher chain and it cuts like butter through hickory.

Good to know. i touched up the chain just trying to follow the factory angles and it cut much much better. i need to clean up the tops like you suggested and see how it goes.

A bit of Mc INFLUENCE here a Model 99 with bow bar fellas

McBob

P.S This saw is being sold off

Needed a transmission bar and chain to suit a KB7 give me a yell if you can help

Last edited:
Here are some pictures of a two man saw in use. My dad is the one running the saw. Pictures taken in the later 40's near Coos Bay Oregon.
The first picture is making the undercut. Prior to this, bottom cut was made with a saw, then chopped with an axe ( Dad did a lot of that, he was a real "axeman" before the war)

I have not had time to work on saws for while. I have gotten three two man saws in
the last few months, They have been just sitting in the boxes they came in until now.
The first one up to be restored Is a saw I have wanted for a long time.

Titan Blue Streak....:biggrin:
attachment.php

Everything is ok with the saw except the clutch.
All the lining is gone on the shoes and one shoe is missing.
Have not found any for sale, Marshall is checking to see if he has any
shoes that might work, He said maybe the Titan 40 shoes would fit.

attachment.php

I got some done on the saw.

Clutch housing

attachment.php

Trans

attachment.php

attachment.php

The large starter cover and pulley,

attachment.php

There is enough room in the starter pulley for 30ft of rope...

attachment.php

attachment.php

The trans clamp.

attachment.php

Starter spring cover, reed block and the bar clamp cover

attachment.php

Mufflers.

attachment.php

Air filter holder and cover

attachment.php

I am still working on the cylinder head covers.
They were pretty beat up, I got them to look a lot better now.
There not prefect but they should do.

attachment.php

I got some more done on the parts.

Carbs done
attachment.php

Started working on the fuel and oil tanks.

attachment.php

The manual oil pump is large too. No spring in side.
Just pull out and push in. Long stroke.

attachment.php

attachment.php

I got cylinder head covers painted.

attachment.php

Latest posts

Back