2 saws down. Need help please.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ryan_marine

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
First my 036 is in need of a carb kit. Any one in central ohio willing to take it on for some $$ let me know please. Other than that I need to know what the plug gap is for the fallowing saws:

Thanks

Ray

if you are sure its the carb, why don't you get a carb kit and do it yourself?
not hard and there is always help here

I agree- rebuilding a modern carb is nothing. A kit is $8 at Mfgsupply.com and it takes all of 20 minutes. Get a can of non-chlorinated aerosol brake cleaner at O'Reilly's or Walmart and rebuild your carb. I think a member here actually posted a .PDF on carb rebuilding somewhere and Gary has his fabulous Tillotson HL rebuild thread which applies to the majority of modern carbs.

http://www.arboristsite.com/chainsaw/64450.htm

Gary has his fabulous Tillotson HL rebuild thread which applies to the majority of modern carbs.

IMO, taking apart a typical modern Walbro or Zama carb is quite a bit simpler than the HL in that thread. I guess someone (?) should make a walbro rebuild thread...

IMO, taking apart a typical modern Walbro or Zama carb is quite a bit simpler than the HL in that thread. I guess someone (?) should make a walbro rebuild thread...

That was my point- just about anyone can follow that thread and end up rebuilding an HL easily. Smaller, more modern carbs are even easier. It isn't rocket science.

+1

Not much to installing a kit in the carburetor. Basically replacing any paper/rubber parts with new ones, new needle valve, and putting everything back where it came from. Keeping everything clean is a MUST with carb work.

I would recomend cleaning out the fuel tank, vacuum testing the fuel line (or replacing it), and cleaning or replacing the filter in the bottom of the tank at the same time........Cliff

Back