2 weekend loads

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zipper1081

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
First of all I have not burned a fire in a week :clap: So I have decided to start on next years wood. I have a baby boy due in the end of June I am going to try to get all my wood cut by then. So here is a good start. The last two pics are all locust. first two are maple & oak. I have about 1 3/4 tons on the truck. Got to love them air shocks. I also bought some of thoes save edge files man they are great If you have never tried them get you some you will will not belive how good they are.

woodcutting002.jpg

woodcutting001.jpg

woodcutting005.jpg

woodcutting006.jpg

I'd say that Chevy got a heck of a workout this weekend. Looks like a good start to next years wood.

A little Monday morning cutting. 57 and sunny cant beat this weather. Had to get my cousin splitter cant pick up them big rounds.

Before
cutting3-9-09001.jpg

After
cutting3-9-09003.jpg

cutting3-9-09002.jpg

My Lord...and I thought I had loaded my truck hard!

Did you have to hit the brakes to get the front tires on the ground?

nice haul....enjoy.

man, i just checked local craigslist looking for free wood......good luck....there must be over 100 ads for firewood for sale.

Now that's a truckload!

And congratulations on your future firewood helper! He'll be asking to run the saws before you know it. And it's awful handy to know the gender beforehand. Helpful for getting the baby's room ready, buying clothes, etc.

Me & the wife already have a 11 year old daughter. She not big on cutting fire wood, she does help run the splitter. Maybe the new one will like cutting wood more than his big sis.

man you drive that truck here the dot wood have fun with you wood last 5 minutes and$ 10.000 in fines tom trees

man you drive that truck here the dot wood have fun with you wood last 5 minutes and$ 10.000 in fines tom trees

I dont have to drive in on the main road with that load on it. I can see my house from were I am cutting wood. About a mile on a one lane back road.

I'd bet the WI dot wouldn't bother you if you weren't going too fast! That $10 fine tomtrees talked about wouldn't be all that bad anyways!lol:dizzy:

Nice loads! Thats the way I load my pickup, It always amazes me to see the guys who go out and cut wood and come home with half a load! Why not loader up while your there? Id be ashamed to drive home with the little half loads I see around here!

You know it is over loaded when the wife and kids have to sit on the hood so you can steer....

Be careful.

Chopper its all about safety. As zipper said its a one lane road w/in eye sight of his house. I no he is out in the sticks ( the farm use kinda gives it away). I cant stand it when i see people overloaded or not hooked up properly when traveling. If it were a commercial operation they would be fined heavily as they should being professionals, but Joe the plumber can hook up what,how,when he wants and go paying no attention to his or others lives possibly in danger. All it takes is a tire, bump in the road, or even someone else not paying attention and lives are at stake. Just a thought nothing personal!!

Chopper its all about safety. As zipper said its a one lane road w/in eye sight of his house. I no he is out in the sticks ( the farm use kinda gives it away). I cant stand it when i see people overloaded or not hooked up properly when traveling. If it were a commercial operation they would be fined heavily as they should being professionals, but Joe the plumber can hook up what,how,when he wants and go paying no attention to his or others lives possibly in danger. All it takes is a tire, bump in the road, or even someone else not paying attention and lives are at stake. Just a thought nothing personal!!

Deer slayer I did not take it personal but I do not live out in the stick I live 4 miles from city limits of the 2nd largest city in West Virginia. I have FARM USE on my truck to save money I have put 400 miles on it in 3 year. I would NOT get out on the main road with that load on my truck. I have more sense than that. I probably do not go over 5-10 MPH on my way home.

O.K. got that from one of your previous post and understood what you meant. I was just commenting on choppers post, not knocking him, but some people think its alright to overload things for one trip w/out thinking it thru when traveling. Make the extra trip no harm no foul!!!:cheers: What city might that be zipper? I do a lot of atving near you if your talking about Charleston. Some on the Hatfield most w/a local guy who knows the area.

O.K. got that from one of your previous post and understood what you meant. I was just commenting on choppers post, not knocking him, but some people think its alright to overload things for one trip w/out thinking it thru when traveling. Make the extra trip no harm no foul!!!:cheers: What city might that be zipper? I do a lot of atving near you if your talking about Charleston. Some on the Hatfield most w/a local guy who knows the area.

No problem I understand. I live so close to were I cut I overload every trip. LOL

I live Outside of Huntington about an hour south of Charleston. I also ride the Hatfield trails when I get a chance. Let me know the next time you head this way maybe we can do some riding.

Latest posts

Back