200:1 mix in a hotsaw...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
His Ebay for sale links have been posted a few times. I imagine he has had quite a few questions from AS members. Ive asked him several myself, but couldnt tell me what saws hes built, dyno #'s, etc... Hes about 40 minutes from me. I would like to see a couple of his saws run. I cant help but put a big ? on 99% of that stuff in his description.

Any good saw builder know you have to run Royal Purple TCWIII synthetic oil at 100:1. Hahaha whats the first thing the owners manual for any saw says? 150 to 200 to 1 any saw will run on that for at least 10 minutes before a lean siezure. Some people really get me with what they try and sell on ebay.

Well my question to the oil mixture is the ceramic bearings that he is running. I am not familiar with them so I do not know what mixture works or does not, He does claim because of the products he is using such as the bearings and rings that 100-to-1 is all that is needed to prevent heat from building up. It does not sound like his first rodeo.

Is the rod bearing ceramic too? or just the two outer crank bearings? The bearing races on the rod bearing are the rod and crankshaft, so no fancy material there......

I just copied it over.

These saws run on Royal Purple TCWIII synthetic oil at 100:1. When I do a full Ceramic bearing and ring version, including Ceramic needle bearings on both rod ends, these saws run on 150 to 200:1. Ceramic bearings are thousands of times rounder than metal bearings and therefore generate very little drag and produce almost no heat. You can put a full ceramic bearing on a dremel tool and spin it at 30,000 rpm and it never gets hot enough that you can't hold it.

The last pic is towards the clutch side of the saw thats why it looks like it is on back wards. It is the right side of the bar. It took me a minute to figure it out after all that discription and specs It would be hard to believe he would have put the chain on back wards lol. Even though I have done it in a hurry.

Guys you are looking at it wrong.

He only has to sell one.:hmm3grin2orange:

Amsoil claims 100 to 1 and so does opti 2 this is the first for 200 to 1 .65 ounces of oil for a gallon of gas thats pretty crazy esp out board oil at that.

Amazing,he can fit an entire expansion chamber(usually about 3 feet long) inside a stock muffler, his modified ports need no chamfer too! Carb "Jets" are replaced with 1 size larger,entire piston polished also...:msp_confused:
Sorry but I think the extra foil used on the saw comes from his hat...
Stay away from this one guys,get a modded saw from Snelling or Stumpy or someone whose work is known and trusted in the U.S.A.
Some of his claims aren't possible or even make sense to me.
200-1 mix would be a fitting end...

Last edited:
If bull$hit was music, this guy would be a brass band. Bearings thousands of times rounder? WTF? I guess if you get them round enough eventually they need NO lubrication. LMAO.

Latest posts

Back