200' from property line & EPA Certified or remove from service by 2015!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i would love a system however i know its a no go in my area but i can burn the wood stove in the house all i want to

Another stupid law, were will it end. Telling ya how you can or cant heat your home is the biggest pile of BS.

Next they will try citing ya for fartin in public without a restrictor.:jawdrop:

You havent had your anal egr valve installed yet??????

It will never end but, it will slow when the Stock market crashes, the depression hits, and all the people can no longer afford to heat there home any other way. You see once the ignorant(People who inact and support these laws) get cold and have no heat, due to their loss of money, assets , and pull, they will look to the survivers and what they are doing. How they continue on, how they provide food, and the skills their ancesters have passed on to them. Most of which, the ignorants have no experience. They have never had to. I have a freind who is a born and bread city boy. He has no idea how to hunt for anything, little knowledge how to fish, and absolutley no idea how to run a chainsaw. Otherwise (screwed).

It will never end but, it will slow when the Stock market crashes, the depression hits, and all the people can no longer afford to heat there home any other way. You see once the ignorant(People who inact and support these laws) get cold and have no heat, due to their loss of money, assets , and pull, they will look to the survivers and what they are doing. How they continue on, how they provide food, and the skills their ancesters have passed on to them. Most of which, the ignorants have no experience. They have never had to. I have a freind who is a born and bread city boy. He has no idea how to hunt for anything, little knowledge how to fish, and absolutley no idea how to run a chainsaw. Otherwise (screwed).

Nope, you're wrong (though I wish you weren't). Enforcement will increase at that point, as the government will be desperate for tax revenue, what with property values and incomes down.

I don't burn in an OWB and probably wouldn't even if I could, but I can definitely see the point of those who do not want to be inundated with their neighbors' smoke (whether from wood or tires). Common sense would suggest that OWB use should be confined to larger parcels of land, not 2 acre pieces on the edge of suburbia.

But like everything else, this should be a self-imposed restriction based on not wanting to do to your neighbor what you wouldn't want done to yourself. The fact that we have to resort to legislation to clean up the stupid and irresponsible behavior of a few misfits is a shame, especially given that it disadvantages far more people than were ever disadvantaged by letting good judgment be the guide.

But this is the nature of things, unfortunately. Too often we take "freedom" to mean the ability to do what we want without respect for the effects that our actions have on others, without accounting for externalities. With freedom comes responsibility, and it's a damned shame that some folks forgot about the flip-side of that coin.

Hey guys, regulations like that come about because people complain, lots of people!!

Living free of all regulation means living without neighbors. That ain't much fun either.

2015 is a pretty far away deadline to get something better together. It is no technological magic to burn wood or any biomass in ways that produce zero emissions. Not enough units are available now and the prices are too high. Maybe appropriate markets can improve that. In any event, biomass combustion will be increasingly used.

chances are they can remove it from your property and not only fine you, but charge you for materials and labor to do it.

............and that, my friend is why the Supreme Court just upheld the individuals right to own a gun, period.

Let them try to remove MY stuff from MY house, on MY property. That's just asking for a fight.

JMHO

............and that, my friend is why the Supreme Court just upheld the individuals right to own a gun, period.

Let them try to remove MY stuff from MY house, on MY property. That's just asking for a fight.

JMHO

The recent Supreme Court decision, while overturning a blanket ban against gun ownership, specifically upheld the right of local governemnts to restrict gun sales to felons and the mentally impaired. I would suggest that as soon as you engaged in your first armed confrontation with law enforcement officers, you would officially be classified as a member of both categories.

fart restrictor

Another stupid law, were will it end. Telling ya how you can or cant heat your home is the biggest pile of BS.

Next they will try citing ya for fartin in public without a restrictor.:jawdrop:

hey for some people that should be a law. me probably being one of them.:cheers:

Of all the owb's around me I know of no one burning trash or tires, however I don't doubt it a bit. What grips my azz is I don't have a neighbor that can smell my smoke let alone see it, and ya know if ohio does it can we be far behind?? I sure hope not as every body around knows i burn wood and I woudn't think it would be hard to sniff us out. (rats)

C.B.

The recent Supreme Court decision, while overturning a blanket ban against gun ownership, specifically upheld the right of local governemnts to restrict gun sales to felons and the mentally impaired. I would suggest that as soon as you engaged in your first armed confrontation with law enforcement officers, you would officially be classified as a member of both categories.

That's a rather rude way to respond, but you are exactly right. Trying to infringe on my rights, on my land, that I worked and paid for, is indeed cause enough for me to have an armed confrontation with any and all LEO's.

I've never broken a law, have raised two great kids, have never collected a dime of state or federal monies, have GIVEN the Federal and State government more than my share of taxes (and never begrudged them for it...) and have always tried to be kind and caring to those who are less fortunate than I. Even a nice dog will bite you if you back him into a corner and kick him enough times.

Thereby doing something like this would make myself and several other million Americans instant criminals.

You're talking about someone telling me the what, when, where, how and with whom I choose to live my life. That is simply not acceptable.

Stay away from my house, stay away from my stuff. Don't tell me how to live I can figure it out on my own.

Our forefathers knew this and THAT is exactly why the framers of the constitution put the second amendment in the hands of "...the people..". The entire bill of rights deals in irrevocable and undeniable right of the individual. Period. It's my opinion. Don't bother to preach anything else 'cause I ain't buying...........

Have a great day!

The entire bill of rights deals in irrevocable and undeniable right of the individual. Period.

Actually no, all it takes is a 2/3 majority to completely erase the entire bill of rights or any other constitutional amendment. Our rights are one vote away from vapor every single day that congress is in session.

The law that requires that you uninstall your OWB by 2015 is no different from the law that says you can't grow pot on your property. Like the other guy that said that he wasn't uninstalling his OWB for nobody.... If the law is passed, and they enforce it, you WILL uninstall it, or pay the consequences and still have to uninstall it. It's not like you'll be able to pay the fine/do the time and then get to keep it. Now if you have the cash, you can hire a lawyer and challenge the law and maybe keep them from enforcing it for a short time but you will probably lose and end up taking it out anyway. Shooting it out with the LEOs is a sure way to have the state pay for your heating bills and health costs and room and board and and and for a long time to come, AND someone will uninstall your OWB while you are vacationing at the Big House.

Ian

couldn't have said it better myself.

That's a rather rude way to respond, but you are exactly right. Trying to infringe on my rights, on my land, that I worked and paid for, is indeed cause enough for me to have an armed confrontation with any and all LEO's.

I've never broken a law, have raised two great kids, have never collected a dime of state or federal monies, have GIVEN the Federal and State government more than my share of taxes (and never begrudged them for it...) and have always tried to be kind and caring to those who are less fortunate than I. Even a nice dog will bite you if you back him into a corner and kick him enough times.

Thereby doing something like this would make myself and several other million Americans instant criminals.

You're talking about someone telling me the what, when, where, how and with whom I choose to live my life. That is simply not acceptable.

Stay away from my house, stay away from my stuff. Don't tell me how to live I can figure it out on my own.

Our forefathers knew this and THAT is exactly why the framers of the constitution put the second amendment in the hands of "...the people..". The entire bill of rights deals in irrevocable and undeniable right of the individual. Period. It's my opinion. Don't bother to preach anything else 'cause I ain't buying...........

Have a great day!

to bad we let the yuppies ruin us.if you need back up,let me know.

Last edited:
how do you know what i'd do?

That right there is funny. Would you really go to his house and help him in his shootout with the authorities? I think not. Just more internet testosterone.

Ian

i'm tired of tyranny.i'd be there in a heartbeat.you go ahead and give yourself a fancy description.basically you're just complacent.

if you knew me you'd understand.i figured someone from Kentucky would have more balls.

Last edited:
how do oyou know what i'd do?

You're right. I just assumed that common sense and an instinct for self preservation would influence your decisions. Shoot one cop and I doubt you'd survive the confrontation to take advantage of the state's hospitalities.

Ian

You're right. I just assumed that common sense and an instinct for self preservation would influence your decisions. Shoot one cop and I doubt you'd survive the confrontation to take advantage of the state's hospitalities.

Ian

+10 Absolutely right. No SANE person is going to shoot a police officer and, if they are lucky, spend the rest of their life being some convict's "common law wife".

interesting.

+10 Absolutely right. No SANE person is going to shoot a police officer and, if they are lucky, spend the rest of their life being some convict's "common law wife".

in my opinion,no sane person lives under tyranny.i won't be going to jail.i promise you that.if a cop is willing to die over a OWB or a dumb a$$ law,then so am i.if he wishes to handle it the correct way,so am i.

just think what you are leaving for your children and grandchildren by tucking your tail between your legs.people died and/or gave up everything for our freedom,i mean EVERYTHING.life,property,family.i don't think the masses today have that kind of spine.hell,the majority of us can't even get off our lazy asses to go vote.

do i want to see a shootout over a wood boiler,absolutely not.it shouldn't have to be that way.this country shouldn't be where it's at today.rolling over and being complacent won't improve anything.that is as good as written in stone.

Latest posts

Back