200T and 200 rear handle both acting up.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mpbowyer

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
My 200t is acting weird. Last week I had to pull it 60 times to get it started. Once it started it was fine and ripped like normal lambing and chunking a nice hickory down. It was like the plug was disconnected but it wasn't.

Then yesterday I was using it, and until it was warm it wanted to die with any throttle. It would pop like normal on the first choked pull, then start and quickly want to die like it was out of gas but it wasn't. It was like the throttle was a kill switch.

My 200 rear handle started like a boss every time, but I went through it and put a new plug in it, and swapped the swappable plate into "summer" mode. It seemed to loose a little throttle response, but ran fine afterwards. That was a couple days ago. Yesterday it wouldn't start at all. No pop on choke, nothing.

The 200t is a very low hour saw, maybe 20. The rear handle has some more use, but very good snappy compression.

Where should I start? Should I just ship them to one of you gentlemen and buy some nice ECHOs from Home Depot?:msp_razz:

170F2DD0-F8AC-4227-B96B-9F4748F7E92E-2921-0000026C3552F6EA_zpsff69b802.jpg

The plot thickens;
I just went out to start diagnosing the saws, and they just popped and fired up like the little monsters they are. :mad:

Could it be because it is early morning now, and 60F (15.5C)? When they were acting up it was about 80F (26.7C). I shouldn't have to retune them for that little an atmospheric difference should I?

The 200T did have a little hesitation off of idle for the first few revvs still, but it picked up fine after that.

Switch the gas as mentioned, do a compression test 150 and over is good, if you still have the same problems I suspect a bad carb first try what Murph said richen it if no different buy one new style carb and you can try on either saw to find the problem. If that dont fix it you have a vac leak and then need to test for that.

Last edited:
Didn't think about the fuel, it's prob 3 months old in the can. I run tanks through the saw about weekly, but the tank had 2 gals mixed from a while back.

Thanks team. I was wondering how I was going to light my bonfire tonight (just kidding, kerosene maybe but no gas near fires)

Send them both to me. I'll teach them manners......

:D

3 Month old is usually considered here from a different milenium. 2 stroke mix should usually be cycled more frequently.

Thanks guys. It was the gas. Ran a gallon through the snellerized 362 and the new 200 rear handle today. Made $160/hr not bad. Everything ran like a top.

B55DAFEF-5123-4A1F-A813-D99A79F3DAA4-4083-000002F3C4201F1C_zpsed5dec44.jpg

Back