200T issue

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stihl Alive

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
about three weeks ago, I had finished cleaning up the 200t and was just tensioning the chain when my wife called me out of the shed for some honey do crap. I never made it back to the shed. The next day I fired it up and revved it a couple times and the bar and chain came flying off because I never thought to tighten the bar nut. I noticed a couple days ago that the plastic cover right below the sprocket was cut by the chain all the way through. Its a slice about 3 inches long X 1/4" wide. I took it to my Stihl dealer yesterday and he said not to worry about it, "its only the oil pump behind there, it won't hurt anything"

I insisted that he order me the plastic cover just to be safe, but he couldn't find the part # in his book and told me to just put some JB weld on it if I was that worried and keep on gettin up.

your thoughts?

Dealers need to learn how to read the IPLS!

1129 020 1150.. About $8.45 and include both upper and lower parts...

It won't hurt, but...

Dealers need to learn how to read the IPLS!

1129 020 1150.. About $8.45 and include both upper and lower parts...

It won't hurt, but...

I called it in and gave him that part # and he ordered it right away. (10.85)

but when I had the saw apart in the shop with the part # right in front of him he hadn't a clue. I really wish there was another dealer closer to home.

Latest posts

Back