Pioneer partner500 chain question

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wabasto

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hi everyone. I was wondering if anyone could tell me what chain would be available for this saw? I have had it since new and I have bought a couple of replacement chains from Oregon over the years that were a direct fit.
A couple of years ago I was having a little trouble finding a replacement chain and I took my saw in to a local farm implement dealership and the parts guy said they would have to make a custom chain for it. I needed it fixed asap and just decided to go for it. It was a pre expensive but it works great.
Pretty sure they just pulled one off the shelf and installed it? This chain does keep its edge fairly well but I would like to have a spare one. This saw is a sweet unit. Light and powerful. Always fires up and never let’s me down. Like I said I have had it since new and have always mix the fuel a little extra rich with oil and all the 2 strokes I own I always stall them out with full choke instead of killing the ignition. Have a good day and thanks for operating this forum.

We can't really recommend chains based on the saw- you pick them based on the bar. What is engraved on the side of the bar near the clutch? That will tell us the pitch, gauge and length. The saw was made in the early 80's so it shouldn't have anything unusual. Probably a .325 chain of standard gauge. Once we know that specifics we'll throw out some recommendations. That said, anything from Oregon, Stihl or Husqvarna will serve you well.

We can't really recommend chains based on the saw- you pick them based on the bar. What is engraved on the side of the bar near the clutch? That will tell us the pitch, gauge and length. The saw was made in the early 80's so it shouldn't have anything unusual. Probably a .325 chain of standard gauge. Once we know that specifics we'll throw out some recommendations. That said, anything from Oregon, Stihl or Husqvarna will serve you well.
Hi Timber MacFallen. I finally have a few minutes to find the number/letters on the bar. Does this make sense to you? Thanks again. ABB318B9-3B3B-482F-95AB-7BEAAE5EE7B3.jpeg

You have
.325 pitch .058 gauge 72 drive links
stihl # 25rs 72e
oregon # 21lp 72e
( you have Stihl 25rs 72e on it now.) i dont know why they charged you more-common chain really)

You have
.325 pitch .058 gauge 72 drive links
stihl # 25rs 72e
oregon # 21lp 72e
( you have Stihl 25rs 72e on it now.) i dont know why they charged you more-common chain really)
Thanks for your reply cscltd. I was in a bit of a bind that day and agreed to pay whatever. I guess business must have been slow that day. I know for a fact that I have installed of the shelf chains before. Looking back I remember the parts guy complaining that he would have to make me a custom chain. So I would like to ask you how do you read those numbers/letters?

Back