2011 Poulan Lovers GTG

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Guido Salvage

Supreme Saw Whoreder
Reaction score
First, a big shout out to Ohio Gregg and his family for hosting the Poulan Lovers GTG yesterday. A great location and beautiful weather in Ohio yesterday for the gathering. While temperatures were in the low 80's, there was plenty of shade and refreshments to keep the participants cool.

I had to leave early, so I do not have pictures of the events later on in the evening, but do have some stills and videos that I will be sharing. My pictures are on 2 cameras (and three cards) so it may take me a while to get them all uploaded, especially with the mother in law in town.

A good number of participants as well as a bunch of saws. While many were green, there were also some other makes that were present that found their way into the wood over the course of the day. It was good to finally meet many of the folks that I have shared comments with since joining the forum. Finally thanks to Modified Mark for the opportunity to run a few saws since all mine are still in Virginia after my recent move.

Once the pictures have uploaded, I will post them to this thread.

Last edited:
Here are a few pictures I took yesterday. Lesson learned when uploading to Photobucket, the videos go first and take fooorreeevveeer.

This is a nice banner that Gregg had made up, sorry about the sun in the background.

PoulanGTG002.jpg

Any good GTG has good food as its focal point. Here Gregg is working at the grille. Notice the nice Poulan shirt he had made up for each participant.

PoulanGTG004.jpg

Andyshine, Brad, Mopar Mike and Modified Mark chowing down with Nik in the background.

PoulanGTG010.jpg

Some of the saws:

PoulanGTG1009.jpg

PoulanGTG1010.jpg

Mark and Mike:

PoulanGTG005.jpg

I will get more up later this afternoon.

Last edited:
Some more pictures, this is Mike with Mark's 71A.

PoulanGTG006.jpg

Brad with his Homelite 750.

PoulanGTG008.jpg

Anyone want a cookie?

PoulanGTG007.jpg

Having trouble with the videos, will try later.

A BIG thanks to Gregg and Lori for hosting a great GTG yesterday. The setting is perfect. Imagine a 160 acre farm, with a wood lot maybe 1/2 mile off the road, and a clearing inside that woods. The GTG was held in that clearing, in 100% shade. It makes for a very cozy and amiable atmosphere. Very Nice Gregg! The food was good, and the fellowship even better. It was great to put faces with names. Thanks to everyone that let me run there saws. I don't think I've ever run so many saws in one day, and big ones at that! I could hardly get myself out of bed this morning, and I don't drink, lol. All I can say, is I'm glad I'm not Nik. Bet I feel better than he does;) Unfortunately, I was too busy running saws to take a single pic of vid. Yeah, I know, that's not acceptible. My appologies. Nik has one I'm sure many of you will find amusing:) GTGs are good!

Understandable Brad, with all the saws, I am like a kid at a toy store. I wanna at least try to run them all! Hard to take pictures with a saw in your hand all day.

Another stab at the videos. I got the ones off my first camera loaded to Photobucket but couldn't get them to imbed. Got the second group downloaded off another camera and Photobucket does not recognize they are there. :angry: I think I have it now, not to pick on Brad, but both of us had bad days. :hmm3grin2orange: Surprising thing, the chain was not hot.

Mark and Nik with Mark's 71A bow saw:

Will try to get some of the competition pictures loaded tonight.

Here is Mike with an 8500 bow:

Want to say Thanks! To all who attended the Poulan Lovers GTG. I didn't try to count the number of saws, but there were a slew of Poulans. And quite a few others as well! I surely enjoyed hosting it. I wanted to say right off the bat. That Lori is my sister, not my wife! LOL And I thank her Big Time for helping out with this! I'm glad Gary started this thread, and for taking pics & vids. I started out taking some pics, then for some reason get side tracked, and get busy with other things & running saws, and forget about taking more pics.:( So any who have some, please post them.

I want to thank Brad & Andre also. We worked them to death running, tuning, timing, comparing saws etc.:D And then to top it off, Andre, Nik, Mike & I were out there this morning running saws again. LOL And a special thanks go out to MoparMike for his Great guitar picking & singing around the camp fire last night. It doesn't get much better than that. Specially with great friends, and a little beer, LOL Hope every one had a safe trip home, took lots of pics, and some fun while you were here. Here are a few pics I took, mostly early in the day.

PoulanGTG2011006.jpg

PoulanGTG2011005.jpg

PoulanGTG2011013.jpg

PoulanGTG2011014.jpg

:cheers:
Gregg,

What a great time! :rock:

Glad to see some new faces, make new friends and see old friends again.

Lots and lots of saws also!:msp_thumbup:

Some things stand out,

1. It came out in the wood, that a Poulan 5200 is a beast. There very strong and fast cutters and in alot of our minds to be the top 85cc saw from there era. Brad can fill in more on the times and the other saws that they outcut and they were a impressive bunch as well.

2. We got to run 2 souped up Poulan Pro 330 saws head to head and there both wicked SOB's for 54cc. They are both capable of giving bigger saws a whooping.

3. There are members here with impressive saw collections.

4. Bow saws require lots of displacement and power to really shine.

5. Gear drives thrive on bows.

6. This was the first time that most have ever seen a Poulan 252.

7. A Poulan 3000 will hang very well with most modern 50cc saws.

8. Nik and Brad have some fantastic examples of 4000's.

9. A Poulan sandcast saw with just a stack exhaust is about as loud as they come.

10. Gregg and his family are the best host ever!

I'll post a few pictures.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

A couple videos if I did it right. :smile2:

Andy with Randys HOT 330

<embed src="http://img849.imageshack.us/flvplayer.swf?f=P5oeo" width="320" height="260" allowFullScreen="true" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"/><br/>
<a href="http://profile.imageshack.us/user/Modifiedmark">[More videos from Modifiedmark]</a>

http://img849.imageshack.us/img849/6357/5oeo.mp4

Myself with a Jonsered Lil Jon. A rebadged 25D with 1/4" pitch chain and a 14" hardnose bar

<embed src="http://img825.imageshack.us/flvplayer.swf?f=Pk25o" width="320" height="260" allowFullScreen="true" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"/><br/>
<a href="http://profile.imageshack.us/user/Modifiedmark">[More videos from Modifiedmark]</a>

http://img825.imageshack.us/img825/9852/k25o.mp4

Myself with a Poulan Canadian made 3000.

<embed src="http://img412.imageshack.us/flvplayer.swf?f=Pgp3" width="320" height="260" allowFullScreen="true" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"/><br/>

http://img412.imageshack.us/img412/1648/gp3.mp4

Last edited:
Wanted to add a few more comments about the Poulan GTG. There were a couple die-hard Poulan nuts, that could not make it this year.:cry: 67Mustang & MS460Woodchuck. They were missed by all. But Steve better bring that NOS 8500 he said he said he bought off ebay for $200. to the next GTG...LOL Wile we were here at the GTG.

I want to concur with Marks post also. I'm prouder every day of my 5200!!! Another saw of note that I have never seen. Its in an earlier pic I posted. Chris, CBFarmall's 139CC monster! I don't recall what it was called. I liked Brad's 5200 also...That was a beauty!

PoulanGTG2011010.jpg

PoulanGTG2011008.jpg

PoulanGTG2011003.jpg

PoulanGTG2011001.jpg

:cheers:
Gregg,

Wish i could have made this one, but was a bit far for me to travel. Did make the iowa GTG. Would have been nice to see some other 330s and whats been done to them to get some ideas for mine. That and ive started to grow fond for the yellow and black Poulans.:msp_smile: Maby one day ill make it to check one of these out.

very cool!

Great pics and videos!!!! Makes me want to got cut somthing up LOL... to bad i have cut everything in the yard i have LMAO! Looks like ya all had a a real good time!

Gregg/Lori(and Kevin)/Lanny/and their mom;

ty for hosting the GTG of all GTG's! I had such a good time in the picturesque scenery of N Ohio (Flatlanders Unite!). My friend Gregg is a quiet and humble man who goes beyond all measures to welcome people and make them feel at home. I ran saws, I ate (man that was some killer potato salad), I drank (maybe too much) and I had the time of my life, I actually woke up laughing.... TY for having me and allowing me to participate in the best time a Poulan saw lover could!

Looks like a great weekend in the greater Mid West for GTG activity. I know you called this a Poulan GTG, but it looked to me as if there were some nice yellow and black saws there that were not Poulan Pros.

Good to know we were all having some fun over the weekend.

Mark

Back