2015 Husky 440 50lbs compression not scored

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yesterday musta been the day of the clamshells....just got that little Husky torn down, cleaned up and parts ordered and a friend show up with another. This time it was a red and black one. He brought it by a month ago or so one Sunday while I was at the shop splitting wood and wanted me to set the idle and WOT RPM.....seems it was his BILs saw....bought it new and put maybe a tank through it....been sitting in the garage since.....original bar not missing ANY paint. Jonsered 2036. So I did, but mentioned he would probably have trouble with the fuel system......but it started and ran fine so off he went. He's not new to saw by any means....between him and his two brothers they run only Jonsereds....9 or ten total and I keep them in good order for them.....I also explained that the 2036 was a very wee saw compared to his others and not to expect much from it. So anyway, he says he got two tanks through it and it stopped.....said I'd look into it. Checked comp just pulling....good comp....took the top cover off and started chasing the fuel line.....touched it and it just fell apart.....drained the gas out and tried to retrieve the filter and line from the tank. Every time I touched the line it just crumbled...had to shake the bits out. So put in a new line but she didn't respond very good....started but wouldn't run so off came the carb again. Popped the top cover and checked the final filter screen.....plugged full of tiny red grains of rotted fuel line. Cleaned the carb and put in a new kit and screen and she came right to it. More work on clamshells than I ever have done in one day before, I think....most work I do is on bigger Pro series saws....but found neither one particularly hard to work on....pretty good layout...room to work without grief...unlike some "Others" that I've had to work on that are only part orange.....

Back