"2015 You Suck Thread"-Pictures required

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just picked this up yesterday. I saw this truck in a yard in April and asked the lady if she would be interested in selling it, she said she would but was not sure if her kids would let her,. I left her my number and asked her to call me when she found out with the price. 6 months later she calls and says "I talked to Michael and he says there is something wrong with the carburetor so if you want it come get it its free." Thank the Lord I asked about it! Title says its a 1953 Dodge. Still has the headliner in it. Seat needs to be re upholstered though.

Attachments

• 1121151333.jpg
    1121151333.jpg
    933.6 KB · Views: 83
Just picked this up yesterday. I saw this truck in a yard in April and asked the lady if she would be interested in selling it, she said she would but was not sure if her kids would let her,. I left her my number and asked her to call me when she found out with the price. 6 months later she calls and says "I talked to Michael and he says there is something wrong with the carburetor so if you want it come get it its free." Thank the Lord I asked about it! Title says its a 1953 Dodge. Still has the headliner in it. Seat needs to be re upholstered though.

You suck.

Awesome score.

You doubly suck for beating me to it. I was officially somewhere in the line if you didn't buy it. Assuming this is the one from Penticton?
Yes it was,, he came down some!! It was in Grand forks,, long drive for me. TDI make it easier.
Here is one other for sale, guy said it has a big husky on it, he is a bit of a pain, wont send pictures want you to call,,think its older.
http://www.kijiji.ca/v-fishing-camp...ch/1108678099?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true
BBB

You gonna have to slip a 12v 5.9 cummins in there!!
Nice find nice truck!!
BBB

You gonna have to slip a 12v 5.9 cummins in there!!
Nice find nice truck!!
BBB
I have a 96 12v cummins setting in the shed that I was hoping to put in my 99 F350 but I don't think Ill ever get around to it. The 7.3 won't quit either.

Yes it was,, he came down some!! It was in Grand forks,, long drive for me. TDI make it easier.
Here is one other for sale, guy said it has a big husky on it, he is a bit of a pain, wont send pictures want you to call,,think its older.
http://www.kijiji.ca/v-fishing-camp...ch/1108678099?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true
BBB

Next time you find something in Grand Forks or in the northern half of ND let me know and I most likely can get it to the border for you or at least close. Friend of mine lives in Neche and does a lot of work in Pembina may make the drive a bit shorter for you. I travel across Hwy 2 to Williston a lot and can pick stuff up as well.

I have a 96 12v cummins setting in the shed that I was hoping to put in my 99 F350 but I don't think Ill ever get around to it. The 7.3 won't quit either.
Next time you find something in Grand Forks or in the northern half of ND let me know and I most likely can get it to the border for you or at least close. Friend of mine lives in Neche and does a lot of work in Pembina may make the drive a bit shorter for you. I travel across Hwy 2 to Williston a lot and can pick stuff up as well.

That very nice of you!!!
Thats 1100miles from Neche to Grand Forks!!!
My round trip was 500 miles with a stop at my cabin.
Am in Kamloops BC.
BBB

That would be sweet ,have a 5.9 in the ol 53.
my 89 12v had 245000 mi when i sold it,never been opened up.

That very nice of you!!!
Thats 1100miles from Neche to Grand Forks!!!
My round trip was 500 miles with a stop at my cabin.
Am in Kamloops BC.
BBB
Neche, ND LOL. Its only about 1.5 hrs north of grand forks ND. If you were only 500 Miles round trip we must be thinking of 2 different Grand forks. from Kamloops BC to Grand forks ND its 1294 miles.

If you had bought 6.0 powerstroke you would have had that 5.9 in there by now!
LOL for sure! My brother in law bought a truck with the 6.0 blown for $700 and put a 12v cummins in it. He has less than $4000 in the truck now, not including his labor installing it. You cant beat the 12v for longevity. I had a 93 that had almost 500k on it when I sold it to a buddy, Its still going strong, never a rebuild. Wish I had not sold it.

Neche, ND LOL. Its only about 1.5 hrs north of grand forks ND. If you were only 500 Miles round trip we must be thinking of 2 different Grand forks. from Kamloops BC to Grand forks ND its 1294 miles.
Ha Ha we have a Grand Forks also, about 434 kilometers or 270 miles west of me,, all makes sense now!!
BBB

Does this qualify?
View attachment 461045
2003 395XP rebuilder needs top end, and some other stuff.

2005 395XP good shape, lots of new parts, but erratic idle makes me think it needs crank seals. The 32" bar and chain are barely used.

2006 338XPT that needs a little work.

$200.00

Update: The 2005 395XP passed the pressure, and vacuum test. A proper carburetor rebuild, lines, and filter is all it took to make it run properly.

Got this text from a buddy that I do saw work for. He runs a tree service on the weekends and is a OPE rep during the week.

"Got a 044 with scored piston...U interested"

I said heck ya! Picked it after dinner. I asked how much? He said free its in the back of my truck! Its a 12mm and p/c are toast. Tank/handle are good. Missing muffler cover and recoil screws. Looks like a candidate for a hybrid! Also came with a 20" bar and chain!
1a2de800913877c0469b3c8d6e9add9c.jpg
d049c458d7172fb37e02abeed1115667.jpg
dedfe75a32446efdcce806f346f0a9ce.jpg

Where did you find the carting brush you have hanging on your wall Dan?

Back