201T is about to get smashed in the rocks.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chevybob

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
New plug clean airfilter and just cleaned the carb and this 201 just won't idle. Runs fine at high RPMs but will not idle. Tried putting the low screw everywhere and nothing. Saw is only a year old and has great compression. Has had a very easy life so far. But now I wana smash the thing.

Another thing I remember is there was pressure in the fuel line when I pulled the carb off so the fuel line can't be leaking. I'll take a quick video

Not doubting you, but trying to make sure everything gets covered . . . did you get a compression reading or are you going by feel? I've always found that on those smaller cc saws good vs. bad compression can sometimes be tough to gauge by feel.

Not doubting you, but trying to make sure everything gets covered . . . did you get a compression reading or are you going by feel? I've always found that on those smaller cc saws good vs. bad compression can sometimes be tough to gauge by feel.

I have a compression gauge but I don't have a small enough fitting for the saw. Saw was and does still run fine and is still a very new saw so I don't see it being a compression issue. But I'll try and find a fitting that'll fit this thing

Had you made any adjustments or changes prior to the poor idle issue? Did it happen suddenly, or gradually get worse? New batch of fuel mix? Any changes in fuel source or mix oil type?

You mentioned adjusting the L screw and not being able to fix the issue. Do you notice any change when making L adjustments? Is the limiter still on the L screw?

Did a visual inspection on the impulse line and from what u can see (kinda hard with how tight everything is on this saw) I didn't see any obvious holes and the line is connected on both ends

Had you made any adjustments or changes prior to the poor idle issue? Did it happen suddenly, or gradually get worse? New batch of fuel mix? Any changes in fuel source or mix oil type?

You mentioned adjusting the L screw and not being able to fix the issue. Do you notice any change when making L adjustments? Is the limiter still on the L screw?

No limiter caps. And nothing happened when I turned the L screw. I didn't make any changes previous to when this happened. I've always had an issue that I had to hold the throttle when starting or it would take a few pulls but I've never had an issue with the saw idling. This just kinda happened out of the blue while in the tree.

I wonder how the piston looks if it scored on the exhaust side.
Could be a vac leak.

I hope it's not a scored piston. This saw is too new for that. If it is I'll throw in a meteor kit and sell it. Then I'll buy a 540.

Where can I find a smaller thread fitting for my gauge? I'll pull it apart tomorrow it does seam like quite a bit of work on this thing.

Latest posts

Back