2100 huskey

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jimbish

Reaction score
Hello

I am new to this forum and been messing around with saws the last couple years between fishing, hunting, building bbqs, family and work.

I just got my hands on a 2100 cd husqvarna or $60.....

Guy said he hasn't t run it for 15 years. So I couldn't help myself and fired it up after probably 10 strategic pulls and **** it down right away.

Questions I have are:

What should I do before I even try to fire a saw that's been sitting for long periods? ( get some oil in the cylinder head?).

Where do I get a decent compression tester? And is there a certain kind I should buy for saws?

How do I determine the age of my saw. It has a serial number but nothing that indicates a date of manufacture. ( does have av on lower handle and no brake. I've been trying to figure it
Out).

What size chain is best recommended to run on this saw ( there is a 32" on it now).

Any info would be great. I also have a stihl ms 230 and I just sold two 020 av's which I couldn't get going. I want to test out my new toy but don't want to damage anything since it's been sitting so long.

Nice score, we need pics! Rubber parts are always a good thing to check on old saws (seals, fuel line etc...). Youll want to pressure and vac test it to make sure everything is airtight. I like my lisle compression tester, was $30 or somethin, make sure you get one with the schraeder valve at the end of the hose, more accurate that way. Not sure how the real old huskys are dated, but most of them the first number on the tag is the last number of the year. Probly a silver tag on it? 3/8 on that 32" will be great.

there's a huge thread on 2100 information I can't recall the title but it something about jungle muffler
I got a lot of good information when I was rebuilding one from some real experts on there

I also have a Bosch gauge with a shorter hose that reads within a pound or two. I also have another 2100 beater parts saw that pulls about 150 psi on both gauges. Will probably use that cylinder on this saw.

If you post the serial number @SawTroll or some other member should be able to tell year of manufacture. And we definitely need some pics.

Surely, provided the number is from about 1982 or later - but the model is older than that.

If it is older the best place to look for an indication likely is the crank (on one of the "lobes"). At least this works on some models....

Latest posts

Back