2171 jonsered 36"?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

taxidermist

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I have a 2171 and I ordered a 36" bar for it before really finding out it says only up 32" bar. Will this saw run a 36" The saw is really a 2171 rs(cutters edge rescue saw).

Thank you,
Rob

You might want to consider using a semi-chisel chain. They don't cut as fast
(less agressive) as full chisel chain.
If you aren't an impatient person, you should be able to get away with it.

Ed

That bar is really way too long - use full skip chain, and don't expect fast cutting.........

Consider keeping the rakers a bit high as well, if it bogs too much - and by all means keep the chain sharp (touch up often).

In other words - no-go....

Last edited:
bar is too big. it will bog down easily and you will be very disappointed. the oiler is not designed for a bar that big either. neither is the case where the bar bolt are located. i have seen a few split oil tanks where someone has mounted a bar too big and not kept the barnuts tight enough

Agreed. I wouldn't go over a 24 myself, but 28 would probably be okay with skip. I like power. A 36 is an handful for a 395 or 066.

Mark

Agree, 24" max with full comp, then 28" with full skip, and then no more - it is doable, but no fun, I believe - ....:censored:

Last edited:
I run a 28" with full comp on my 2171. I cut mostly red oak for firewood with it. It runs just fine. But most of the trees are less than 24" diameter.

It dose have a bigger oil pump due to it being a rescue saw that runs a carbide bullet chain. I dont have a lot of large trees to cut. The county cut my large oaks down and left the trunks in a pile and I need to block out just to move them.

Rob

Latest posts

Back