242XP Is this an OE cylinder?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Perfect Harvest

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Just picked up this 242XP. The price was right and it's a pretty darn clean saw. Only thing I'm a little concerned about is the cylinder. Doesn't seem to be a Mahle. Aftermarket junk? 20170917_182249.jpg 20170917_182256.jpg

Thanks guys. It does seem like a sweet little machine. It came with a 18" .058 3/8 setup. I gotta get a .325 sprocket and run it with my 346's 16" with a Stihl RS to really see it's potential .

I have a Mastermind 242... I guess I should throw a bar on it and try it out.

I have a Mastermind 242... I guess I should throw a bar on it and try it out.

Or send it a little south of you .. staying out of Fires way ??

Just got back from 3 weeks on the Klamath ( Happy Camp, Gasquet, Ukonom, and Seiad Valley) on the Eclipse fire.
3ed0ce5ba26eb4b255c2fd3da244cd95.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Or send it a little south of you .. staying out of Fires way ??

Just got back from 3 weeks on the Klamath (Happy Camp, Gasquet, Ukonom, and Seiad Valley) on the Eclipse fire.
Cutting mostly Douglas Fir?

Thankfully, our fires didn't last too long... although just west of where I live, 70+ homes burnt.

Cutting mostly Douglas Fir?

Thankfully, our fires didn't last too long... although just west of where I live, 70+ homes burnt.

Yeah, some Ugly Oak and White pine also. A lot from '15 & '16 burn scars .

Was that the area around Junc City ? Didn't realize so many. Our area had a Strike team that went to Brookings, then Junc City , then to Happy Camp.
Good to hear all's well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, some Ugly Oak and White pine also. A lot from '15 & '16 burn scars .

Was that the area around Junc City ? Didn't realize so many. Our area had a Strike team that went to Brookings, then Junc City , then to Happy Camp.
Good to hear all's well.
Yes, the fire in Junction City (Helena) burned a bunch of homes on both sides of the river. Fire camp was in Weaverville, where I live.

Latest posts

Back