260 Pro carb adjust?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nailsbeats

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I haven't bought yet, but am in the market for a new 50cc saw for limbing and in tree use. 346xp or 260Pro.

I am looking at the 260 Pro and see it only has a L carb adjustment. Seems to me it wouldn't adjust well after a mod. Is this some EPA crap or do I have it wrong? Would I have to swap the carb to have a man's saw?:mad:

Some people here say they dont need to do anything with the fixed jet carb after a muffler mod. Probably depends on the extent of the mod. I just completely rebuilt one, and its sporting a modded muffler and a fixed jet carb right now. Im waiting on an oil pump worm gear to be able to try it in the wood.

Try it without the adjustable carb, if its too lean, get ya one. They arent too hard to find here or ebay.

?? Mine has H and L :

260 Pro
IMG_0515.jpg

H and L
IMG_0517.jpg

Sam

Some people here say they dont need to do anything with the fixed jet carb after a muffler mod. Probably depends on the extent of the mod. I just completely rebuilt one, and its sporting a modded muffler and a fixed jet carb right now. Im waiting on an oil pump worm gear to be able to try it in the wood.

Try it without the adjustable carb, if its too lean, get ya one. They arent too hard to find here or ebay.

The 346xp is adjustable H and L. Just don't know what to think.

wha only L my 260 pro has H L LA adjustments so r u sure you arent looking at a standard

one thing i would like to say is the decomp is the best
im i a pretty strong kid and the 175 psi of compression is a real arm breaker even though my 044 is nothing for me !?! weird huh!?!

Huh, well, I dunno?

I know my builder first said he would have to get a 026 Pro carb, then this thing showed up in the mail, and it looked factory.

I just figured they made all the 260 like this one, and he was mistaken. I just got it around December of last year.

What about putting a 440 carb on the 260 like Bsnelling did?

Sam

one thing i would like to say is the decomp is the best
im i a pretty strong kid and the 175 psi of compression is a real arm breaker even though my 044 is nothing for me !?! weird huh!?!

Wow, I always wondered why they wasted the time in putting a decomp on such a small saw like a 260.......

Now I know, thanks,

Sam

I saw it in the 2009 catalog and called the dealer on it when I asked him about the saw and he agreed. He didn't have one on the shelf to look at, but I am pretty sure I saw one at another dealer like it. It was a new 260 Pro.

Somebody tell me I'm not insane!

Some of the earlier ones came ith fixed hi speed. most I have seen were alittle rich, 13k or so. With 2 more 1/4 or 5/16" holes they were just right 14-14.2k

muffler mod it in steps untll its burblen alittle on top, that in sense is tuneing the carb right there, mostly because its pretty rich from the factory. the muffler can be opened up alot before it get to lean do it in small steps and maybe even cut wood inbetween steps sheckn the plug color.

Latest posts

Back