261/262 Question

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks again for the great info. I know where there is a smoked 261 that I can have. Everything else is in good shape so I think I might fix it. Will have to get a muffler.

Thanks,
Jim

Someday I plan to do this with my 261.
Good luck and let us know how it turns out.

I purchased a 262 a few weeks ago that is in really nice shape and a strong runner . I also picked up a 261 in rough shape, so I am going to make a 262 out of it.
I am going to put a complete upper on it and a ported muffler. I have to port the muffler on the 262 also, and that will gain some more. I just don't know what brand piston and cylinder I am going to use.
We just did a 257 and put a Baileys kit on it and it worked out great. I purchased the kit from a dealer that had it through one of his customers. I heard that Bailey's was temp out of stock on these but I am going to check that out. It really made a difference with the 257, and will get better as we run it. I heard the Meteor pistons were pretty nice but I don't know if they have cylinders.

Cadenhill Farm
We cut firewood for 4 family's which adds up to 50 to 60 full cords per year. So all the saws get a work out.

As grumpy as ever. His son Bill and I used to do a lot of tree work in the old days plus I helped cut a lot of his firewood. In fact when he took on Husky, Billy and I bought the first 2 he sold. I bought a 77 and then a 285 as soon as they came out.
This was strictly a Homie area

Back