272 coil conversion to Dolmar 7900

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
attachment.php
Is this a pekker pole? Worthy of a big saw?

attachment.php
Please dont give ma too much grief on my cutting methods, this damn tree was a major PITA. I trashed 4 chains due to previous homeowners driving nails into this tree in years past. I have a whole day of sharpening to do now thanks to that and catching up on what needed sharpening before this little deal.

The 064 with the 20" setup was for ripping the rounds down. I was real pissed because I hurt the full comp round and skip square 28" chains Andy sent with the saw. Plus I trashed the skip setup for the Dolmar and a 16" RSC Stihl chain for the 361 that was brand new.:(

A $50 zircom metal detector (used for rebar in concrete ) suddenly seems cheap!

Amen. That IS a damn nice 064;) The 7900 is all part of CAD as described earlier. The Dolmar has monster torque, but you see I still go to the Stihls when I want the most fun. Stihls just feel right, but I will probably keep the Dolmar, at least for a while.

bars/flip

I see all the bars on your saws are rightside up, do you flip them all at the same time? I can't say the same for my saws as I flip the bars after a good workout and not all get flipped at once. Wear and tear gets spread over the top then the bottom rail.

I see all the bars on your saws are rightside up, do you flip them all at the same time? I can't say the same for my saws as I flip the bars after a good workout and not all get flipped at once. Wear and tear gets spread over the top then the bottom rail.

Yes I flip my bars every time i sharpen the chain. I never even noticed they were all letters up. Thats cool, I didnt do that just for the picture.

Back