272 or 372

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I feel the 272 is a simpler design compared the the 372. Easier to work on and if your building a parts saw yourself, it can be done for less money. Muffler modded and a little woods porting the 272 is no slouch. I know a 372 is a more modern and more liked saw but I like the 272 and will always have at least one or three. :msp_tongue:

I'm with ricky!!!! I love this series saw and the Jreds too.
Plenty of parts for either 272 or 372. It's a Husky you will have a winner! Small wood there won't be that much diff. in the two. Probably pick up a nice 272 cheaper. Both are tried and true winners.
Shep

Last edited:
I really like both saws but would pick the 372 for the reasons already stated. A little more power and very smooth with an excellent design. The 272 and 372 have nothing in common with their designs. Both are great designs,but the more I work on and use 372's, the more I really love this series. Not much to dislike with either saw,but the 372 is a Husky hall of fame saw.:rock:

Last edited:
If you include the new 372 xtorq and the original 371xp its probably the longest running saw they ever built... And for good reason.

Thanks guys for all your imput. At this time I don't have a saw that I am looking at, just wanted some input between the two. I thought if the 272 was close enough that I would get it. So insted of buying a 272 then a 372 I'll just get a 372.

Scott

Thanks guys for all your imput. At this time I don't have a saw that I am looking at, just wanted some input between the two. I thought if the 272 was close enough that I would get it. So insted of buying a 272 then a 372 I'll just get a 372.

Scott

I believe the only thing the 272xp has over the 372xp is limbing with a 16" (or shorter) bar, because the outboard clutch makes it slimmer and better balanced (sideways)! :msp_biggrin::givebeer:

True the 61 might beat it for now :) although the 372 isn't done yet. Hey Troll what were the 61 years? early 80's to mid 90's????

Latest posts

Back