272XP stuck muffler

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had this happen to me with mine, what I did was "TAP" with a hammer, a piece of wood aginst the muffler, and it came off.
not trying to be a smart ass, but all the bolts are out correct?

Good luck!!

aluminum plus steel equals stuck! Same problem with aluminum wheels. Drizzle some penetrating oil down the backside of the muffler and WAIT. Kroil oil, PB blaster, ATF all work good. You can also try heating the muffler gently with a torch then add oil and repeat. Have patience and you won't break anything. On the other hand.... mufflers are cheap if you need to whack it with the ford tool

Your not being a smart ass, my 14year old ask the samething and yes all out and stuck, just didnt know if there was a nut or bolt hidding I wasnt aware of, Got some pb blaster soaking right now , thanks a bunch:D

Cary

Your not being a smart ass, my 14year old ask the samething and yes all out and stuck, just didnt know if there was a nut or bolt hidding I wasnt aware of, Got some pb blaster soaking right now , thanks a bunch:D

Cary

Are you SURE you have all the bolts removed? There isn't a glob of carbon inside the can hiding another bolt?

Are you SURE you have all the bolts removed? There isn't a glob of carbon inside the can hiding another bolt?

Before I get to beating on it I shall check agian, I hate globs they are so sneaky. Thanks

Cary

Before I get to beating on it I shall check agian, I hate globs they are so sneaky. Thanks

Cary
Yep, There are a total of 6 bolts you need to remove... 4 for the bracket and 2 that go into the cylinder itself. I've pulled lots of 268/272 muffs and never had a sticky one though....

If the the muffler support screws are out and the two bolts in the holes in the muffler behind the support are out hit it with a hammer! There are no more screws.
Shep

If the the muffler support screws are out and the two bolts in the holes in the muffler behind the support are out hit it with a hammer! There are no more screws.
Shep

I GOT IT!!!!!!!:clap::rock: I think some one way before I got it used J.B. weld to fix a crack in the heat sheld and glued the whole thing together, piston looks good so on the with better parts and back to wood getting, Thanks for all the input, this was a stumper for sure:msp_unsure:

Cary

Latest posts

Back