3-D Printing and Spencer Tape Gears

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
new bness venture for ya n8 lol. all i can say is the baily nail sucs in oak......
Mike I take a small eye bolt (eye about the size of a quarter) and grind the end to a sharp point. It has to have flat sides though. Not round. I usually just grind four sides. Then I pull the end off the tape and fish a key ring through the hole and attach the "nail" to it. The eye of it has plenty of surface to give you leverage to dig it into frozen wood. I sharpen it once in a while, but its the cats ass for hardwood.

Mike I take a small eye bolt (eye about the size of a quarter) and grind the end to a sharp point. It has to have flat sides though. Not round. I usually just grind four sides. Then I pull the end off the tape and fish a key ring through the hole and attach the "nail" to it. The eye of it has plenty of surface to give you leverage to dig it into frozen wood. I sharpen it once in a while, but its the cats ass for hardwood.
Pics?

Wonder if 100 tape ends an rivets would be super expensive?

I might try the penny thing to see?

Or call JDR from above and see if they sell tape ends like Cody's still.

Talked with Cody more, he said he bought just the d-ring and squeezed it on the tape. Then he'd slide the plastic boot up to help hold it. I imagine a chunk of shrink tubing would work as well -- or tape in a pinch.

Talked with Cody more, he said he bought just the d-ring and squeezed it on the tape. Then he'd slide the plastic boot up to help hold it. I imagine a chunk of shrink tubing would work as well -- or tape in a pinch.

Some of the guys down here are using shrink tubing instead of wrapping the end with tape.

Ron, while moving, found two full boxes of old tapes. About 40 years worth.

I want to get a few to rebuild. . . Maybe a 75' & a couple 50's.

Wonder if you weren't to run a CL ad Nate -- for old tapes from retired cutters -- if it wouldn't yield some treasure?

Just pulled a brand new center gear out of the bag and found 2 teeth missing. They were not loose at the bottom of the bag, so they must have shipped that way! Seriously, the QC is abysmal. The sooner I can get these Delrin gears made, the better.

Just pulled a brand new center gear out of the bag and found 2 teeth missing. They were not loose at the bottom of the bag, so they must have shipped that way! Seriously, the QC is abysmal. The sooner I can get these Delrin gears made, the better.
That's pretty crappy.

Ron, while moving, found two full boxes of old tapes. About 40 years worth.
Wanna sell a couple 75', in the hopes that I can get some good gears in the near future? I don't know what happened to mine, I had 2 100'ers, one with a good filler in 10the and hundredths that I had calibrated, and on with a 75' filler with a D tape on the reverse side. I suspect evil befell them.

Wanna sell a couple 75', in the hopes that I can get some good gears in the near future? I don't know what happened to mine, I had 2 100'ers, one with a good filler in 10the and hundredths that I had calibrated, and on with a 75' filler with a D tape on the reverse side. I suspect evil befell them.
I'll certainly ask. :0)

Back