$300.00

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dwinch53

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
ok guys, what is a good $300.00 saw...home owner sawing about three to four full cord yearly...20 '' rounds would be a good guess...i now have a husky 41...i like the saw just looking for maybe a little more power...thanx:popcorn:

?

So are you wanting a 60-70cc saw? New, used?

New I am not sure that your budget will get a saw in that size. Used is another story. You might get a 372 or 440 044 for that on ebay but who knows how much you would have to spend after it showed up. I think more realistically would be ms360, 036, 357 or 257 for pro saws but for you the best fit might be a husky 359, jred 2159, ms310, ms290, ms280. Most of those saws could be had for the price you are looking at used. Other saws are available new though this is probably most of the readily available saws on the used market for your budget. If you are happy with your Husky, a lot of people her are fond of the 359 and say that it responds extremely well to modification if that is in your forseable future.

Last edited:
New or used is a good question. A lot of used saws can be brought for 300 or less. I myself would look for a good Husky 350. Might be able to find a new one for around that.

You just have your 41 modded if all your really wanting is just a little more power.

If you are not in a big hurry there some nice saws to be had for $300. I have picked most of my saws at local auctions. Got a nice 038 Mag with 20" bar for $220 and a equally nice 394xp with 24" bar for $300.

ok guys, what is a good $300.00 saw...home owner sawing about three to four full cord yearly...20 '' rounds would be a good guess...i now have a husky 41...i like the saw just looking for maybe a little more power...thanx:popcorn:

Probably a used saw......

Some guys were on here a couple of days ago talking about Tool Barn having refurbished 540 Makitas for under 200.00.
Having a 540 Makita and being VERY impressed with it, that would be my choice.
A real nice 041 could probably be had cheap enough too.
Mike

New or used is a good question. A lot of used saws can be brought for 300 or less. I myself would look for a good Husky 350. Might be able to find a new one for around that.

You just have your 41 modded if all your really wanting is just a little more power.

As much as I like some Husqvarnas, I would NEVER point someone towards a :censored: 350 with their tendency to loose muffler bolts and melt the lower plastic crank case.

There are lots Stihl 028s out there, and reasonably for a solid saw. Likewise, lots of GOOD used Husqvarna, Jonsered, Dolmar/Makita, and other Stihl saws, but better to stick with magnesium cases than plastic.

Latest posts

Back