3120 and 088 on a 84" double ended?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
for a double ended bar to run properly both saws must be reving at exactly the same speed. that would be verry hard to achive even on 2 saws the same.

i do not agree with teh idea of double ended bars as i belive it will bugger one or both saws retty quickly, if the saws are not reving exactly the same speed then they will be fighting each other reducing power and increasing wear on the saw. nto just that they are running at the same speed wile milling but also while getting up to speed. if you were to rev one saw up then the other it will either slow the reving saw or over rev the other.

but thats just my opinion.

2 powerheads will pull each other, and the chain. They won't bind because of differences in rev speed, they are not restricted to the chain speed of the slower saw, as the faster saw will pull its speed up slightly. All your really worried about with milling something that large is torque. The more cc's you have pulling, the quicker you'll get it done, period. Persoanlly I would go with 2 of the same saws, not because of speeds, but because then you only have to buy parts for one saw, not 2 different ones, if one breaks, you have parts for it, and sooner or later you'll find a good parts saw for the both of them.

Same saws would be ideal, like putting a draft horse together with an oxen together they will pull more than either on their own, but would be better off matched with ones that want to pull the same speed.

Saws don't even need to be the same size, but I would put the bigger more powerfull one on the end that pulls the cutters and the smaller on the return end.

Latest posts

Back