335xpt problems

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

daveyclimber

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I have a problem with my 335 , sometimes it will run awsome and others it won't even start or is hard to start . Sometimes I have to feather the throttle to get it to run . Seems to run fine at 300ft but at 5000ft I am having the most problems . What is the best way to determine what is wrong with the saw , what common problems do 335's have . I have tried to lean the carb in the higher altitude but it does not help . This is an intermitant problem but a very serious one due to the fact I am a line clearance trimmer and it is not good for a saw to give you fits when topping a tree next to the lines .:(

Dennis talked about things like this when he modified a 335 recently. Due to EPA requirements, the saw has some major usability problems by design. Dennis can tell you better, but I think part of his modifications involved shaving the flywheel key to change the timing as well as port modifications.

(Insert obligatory Husky insult here)

davey guy,

I too have a modified 335, and it solves all their running issues. I work in the low lands, so can't help with that issue. Ask Dennis!!

Mine is Walkerized, which, while not as good as Dennis's work, is half the price. http://www.walkerssawshop.com i think. Power gain is huge, too!

Since the Husky 335 has its air inlet at the front the air filter clogs very fast. Mine is sucking chips like a vacuum cleaner.

Cheers, ****

Latest posts

Back