346 xp Is not available in Canada? Why?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wanted to bring them with me on the plane, but SHE said I couldent bring them, that they woud make her clothes smell funny:dizzy:

No point for the moment in bring my makita/dolmar 520 and 7901 over, they both have a lot of hours on them. So I left them with my dad.

Going to treat myself to new saws.:msp_drool:

I can appreciate "going to treat myself to new saws." :msp_thumbup:

Once you're settled, the Makita 7901 might worth the cost of shipping and freshening-up.

Aw ra best!

Sounds like a smart move, I think you'll like the Stihl saws.

I have some experience with the Stihls, working in tree surgery and timber yards, using other peoples saws.

But when it came to buying my own, at the time I just could not justify the cost over the dolmars.

The DCS7901 is a great saw, awsome power, but it let me down on a few occaisions...

Thats why I am going orange.

SS

In Ireland the 346 would set you back around 700-800euro, the stihls in Canada are almost ecactly half the cost of home.

Thats why I am treating myself to some new kit, and if they are half the price...I can buy twice as much:msp_biggrin:

Gotta luv the new kit, even better when it costs less than one is used to paying!
Do you have a place to hide all the extra kit you will be getting from the wife?

I would go Stihl if the price difference is that big. Funny how the Stihls are usually a bit dearer across the pond though.

Hi,
I am new here, and new in Canada (Irish just movd over). I have been looking to buy new saws in Edmonton Alberta to replace the ones that I had to leave at home:mad:.

I have tried a few of the big dealers in town but they do not stock the 346xp, and say that it is special import only, and it could take 6 months:msp_ohmy:

Are they extracting the urine?

They say the ms261 is out the week after next, but i do like the 346.

Can anyone set me staight?

Thanks,

Saw Sore

I lived most of my life in Alberta, but didnt get too into saws until I moved out to BC. I suspect there's got to be at least one good dealer in Edmonton - the ones you've spoken to are on crack. The small dealer we have out in my tiny interior BC town carries 346xp & usually has at least a couple in stock. If they were out, i cannot imagine them taking longer than 1 week to order it (I know a pal who got an 880 there & they did have to order that & it took about 4 days).

Whichever way you go (346 or 261) im sure you'll be happy. Welcome to the board & to the country, btw :)

I would go Stihl if the price difference is that big. Funny how the Stihls are usually a bit dearer across the pond though.

NO, not in this case!

Btw, the price difference is much larger here - but handling is much more important than price! :blob2::blob2:

Back