346 xp issue

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eurosteve

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hi Guys

had this saw a couple of years and it works perfectly for my needs.

but i noticed in Autumn when i checked it out for the tree season that it was leaking oil so got a qualified mechanic to replace the oil pump whilst he was working on some other kit for me, at 1st it was good but next morning the puddle was back.
I stripped it down to see if i could spot anything and of course i couldnt !
sealed the the oil pick up pipe with hymolar blue as a precaution and again it ran good but the leak came back

i have read numerous posts on here and yes i realise i can empty it each night - hmmmmmmmm

surely husqvarna are aware of this and are introducing a retrofit fix ????

FOC ??? ( well you can live in hope )

anybody got the solutiuon

Thanks

Steve

I have two 346s', the old one doesn't leak at all. The newer one dribbles a little, but not much.

Try letting any pressure out of the tank before storing it. Just loosen the cap and tighten back up.

A lot of the Husqvarna saws leak oil. It has nothing to do with the oil pump, but rather everything to do with how the oil pump hoses mate to the pump itself. It is a design that is conducive to leaking.

A lot of the Husqvarna saws leak oil. It has nothing to do with the oil pump, but rather everything to do with how the oil pump hoses mate to the pump itself. It is a design that is conducive to leaking.

I know it's not the same saw, but my Husky 340 leakls oil like that. The saw is about 9 years old, and it has done it for the past 5 or so years. I wouldn't say it leaves a puddle, but it does leak.

Back