346xp ne

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chub380

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
It’s been a bit since I’ve posted because I haven’t cut wood in awhile, but last Friday my brother and I cut a bunch of wood for a lady who lost her husband awhile back and was in need of some wood to get through this cold snap. I was happy that I learned to store my saws in a way that they were not to hard to bring out of storage and get them going again , thanks to all of the tips from you guys on here. I have 2 saws a 371xp and a 346xp I only had one new loop for my 371 and thank goodness I didn’t hit any fencing or metal I found a pretty good place to get some 33rs72 stihl chain and I got four extra loops. But does anyone have a good online place to get the same chain for the. 346 it would need to be 23rs66 or 16” bar? Lastly I know it’s been covered before but I would really like to change the silver clutch cover to orange I don’t want to have to mod anything and I don’t mind the side adjuster just don’t like the silver what options do I have in 2024? Thanks again guys sorry it’s been so long.

It’s been a bit since I’ve posted because I haven’t cut wood in awhile, but last Friday my brother and I cut a bunch of wood for a lady who lost her husband awhile back and was in need of some wood to get through this cold snap. I was happy that I learned to store my saws in a way that they were not to hard to bring out of storage and get them going again , thanks to all of the tips from you guys on here. I have 2 saws a 371xp and a 346xp I only had one new loop for my 371 and thank goodness I didn’t hit any fencing or metal I found a pretty good place to get some 33rs72 stihl chain and I got four extra loops. But does anyone have a good online place to get the same chain for the. 346 it would need to be 23rs66 or 16” bar? Lastly I know it’s been covered before but I would really like to change the silver clutch cover to orange I don’t want to have to mod anything and I don’t mind the side adjuster just don’t like the silver what options do I have in 2024? Thanks again guys sorry it’s been so long.
Amazon, Bailey's

If you take out you tensioner in crankcase you can run these 455 460 cover and have side tensioner in cover. Folks been doing this since they came out.

455 one I just sold for 30 shipped.

Some of the NE 346 came with orange. Seems like the xpW mostly. This dealer that sent me this one got 5 like that in a shipment. This one also came with wrong top cover decal. Wish you could get that cc in that size saw.
:cheers:

Attachments

• h455ccccc.jpg
    h455ccccc.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 0
  • h455cccccc.jpg
    h455cccccc.jpg
    112.6 KB · Views: 0
  • h346ne88.jpg
    h346ne88.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 0
  • h346orange.jpg
    h346orange.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 0
If you take out you tensioner in crankcase you can run these 455 460 cover and have side tensioner in cover. Folks been doing this since they came out.

455 one I just sold for 30 shipped.

Some of the NE 346 came with orange. Seems like the xpW mostly. This dealer that sent me this one got 5 like that in a shipment. This one also came with wrong top cover decal. Wish you could get that cc in that size saw.
:cheers:

I guess I’m confused so your saying with the above link to the baileys clutch cover I will not have the factory side tension adjustment through the clutch cover?

Back