346XP Saga NOT OVER, Husvarna says NO NEW SAW FOR YOU!!!!!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I too have been following this from the start, and thus far have not read a single post stating what the actual failure was. Very few failures are viable for warranty, but some are valid warranty issues. 99% of all failures are due to the owner/operator and or the screwdriver.

No saying you dont have a valid claim, but if another dealer has touched a saw I will not and refuse to even think about submitting it for warranty consideration, for I don't know what they have done to it so proper failure analysis is out the window.

As you have mentioned you like Husqvarna products, your biggest issue is your relationship with multiple dealers. A good dealer would have inspected the saw, done all the tests required, had a written report and filed the claim with Husqvarna within days of the saw being brought in, or you would have been told to go pound salt as its not warranty and here the 1800 husky # I have my notes on the saw and will be glad to talk with the "tech's at the big orange"

Warranty.............materials and workmanship.................what was your failure again? comp reading? vac and pression at? for how long? overall condition of the saw? air filter? clutch, bar, chain condition? signs of overheating? cyl fin condition? heck the list goes on and on.

Well first dealer never touched it, second dealer said he adjusted carb but to no avail and third dealer did a compression test only after I told them to. The guy from Husqvarna, the dealer/tech guy that told me "you can't go higher than this, I'm the last stop", that guy (Rick) was pretty angry about the fact that Weirton Rental did not do any diagnostics, he asked me if they told me why it had low compression and I said nope! Also someone on here told me that if they heard their tech say that it ran fine at 90 PSI they would take the saw somewhere else . . . hmmmm prophetic or just common sense. I have learned SO much and really am thankful for all the input from this forum.
Thanks
Zeek

deal

Yeah, I've not read or heard about anybody have major probs with a new 346xp. Too bad about the dealers, a good dealer could have sorted it out quick.

If you do get stuck with that saw, I'd be willing to fix it for ya, or possibly buy it, if the price is right.

But you'll likely get a new saw.

:cheers:

Thanks and if the saw comes back and then dies later I may send it to you if I can't fix it. I am now looking for a backup saw, at the wife's suggestion, what should I buy? Maybe I can tell Husqvarna if they give me 75% off of a new XP saw right now I will buy another Husqvarna, ya know play the whole "do you really stand by your products" game. Might get me a second saw?
Thanks
Zeek

Everyone need a couple of back-up saws - regardless how good they are, bad things can happen to any saw! :msp_wink:

Zeek, last summer I had a Dolmar PS-5100S that was running a little hot. I sent a letter to the Dolmar Factory in Hamburg Germany. They contacted Dolmar U.S.A. in Georgia, they had the distributor ship a brand new model a PS-5105 to my dealer all at no charge. My 5100 was 3 months out of warranty and Dolmar stood behind it.

I wouldn't want my 5100S replaced by a 5105, but each to his own.......:smile2:

I used to think the 026/260 was heavier also. The 346 does feel lighter in the hand, but it's not?

The 026/260 weights the same as the original 45cc 346xp, but the 50 cc NE346xp is a bit heavier, 6oz sounds about right. The MS261 is heavier and bulkier than the NE346xp though, and even heavier than the 5100S. To complete the story, the 5105 has to be heavier than 5100S, but I don't know how much.

Don't forget that the bar is a major factor as to how they weight and feel when ready to use........

I too have been following this from the start, and thus far have not read a single post stating what the actual failure was. Very few failures are viable for warranty, but some are valid warranty issues. 99% of all failures are due to the owner/operator and or the screwdriver.

No saying you dont have a valid claim, but if another dealer has touched a saw I will not and refuse to even think about submitting it for warranty consideration, for I don't know what they have done to it so proper failure analysis is out the window.

As you have mentioned you like Husqvarna products, your biggest issue is your relationship with multiple dealers. A good dealer would have inspected the saw, done all the tests required, had a written report and filed the claim with Husqvarna within days of the saw being brought in, or you would have been told to go pound salt as its not warranty and here the 1800 husky # I have my notes on the saw and will be glad to talk with the "tech's at the big orange"

Warranty.............materials and workmanship.................what was your failure again? comp reading? vac and pression at? for how long? overall condition of the saw? air filter? clutch, bar, chain condition? signs of overheating? cyl fin condition? heck the list goes on and on.

Hamish, no one ever diagnosed anything and when I told the dealer/tech big wig, Rick, he was not happy. Get this, Weirton Rental told me the compression was 90, but I happen to see the Jeff from the second dealer I took it to and he said, "it wasn't 90 when I had it " and his implication was it was not a compression issue, but he also said he would do a vacuum/leak down test, but after two weeks and no call from him, I had Husqvarna call him to check on the progress, he told me he did not have the tools to do a vacuum/leak down test . . . curious isn't it? And I know some on here are saying he got mad because I went over his head and he "fired" me, well maybe he should have called and said, "sorry dude, been busy can I have another week" I would have been fine with that, JUST COMMUNICATE, every communication through out this whole process (except one) started with me!

I've been following along since the first thread, and I still can't believe what is going on. If there was an issue with something I sold, you bet your butt I'd be making damn sure it was fixed, and definitely not getting anywhere near the point of the customer going somewhere else.

Sub par saws

Ok . . . here the last post for those who have followed this twisted, insane story, http://www.arboristsite.com/chainsaw/178309.htm

Looooooooooooooooooooong story short:
August 11, 2011 Melody tells me she has approved the new saw to be sent and that she sent the request to the factory, should be at my house in 7-10 days.

12 days go by no saw

14 days go by no saw and I call Melody, leave message no call back for two days.

16 days no saw, call again get another lady, says Melody has the shipping information, and that Melody is out today, but she will talk to her and call me the next day.

18 days no saw NO CALL

Finally talked to Melody's boss and she promised to get back to me and finally did on Friday 9-2-11to inform me that my request was denied by Husqvarna factory techs.

Why you ask? Because they do not replace professional saws they fix them! All this time they thought I had a residential saw, even though I gave them my serial number and told them many times it was a PROFESSIONAL SAW!!!

I forcefully told her I needed to talk to somebody who could fix the problem and then Rick came on the phone. Rick is from the dealer/tech side, nice guy and not happy about this situation, seems genuinely concerned about the problem. He even said we created the problem and we will fix it. He is calling Weirton Rental Center to see what is going on. Said he will call me Tuesday and I hope he does.

Funny thing is while on the phone with Rick I was at my friend's house borrowing his Stihl 026, hmmmm, so I hope that they fix my saw, I DO NOT TRUST WEIRTON RENTAL, to fix my saw they have proven incompetent on many levels, at least the hack that worked on my saw. My warranty is up in February and no doubt this saw will die after the warranty so stay tuned for a good deal on a used, hacked, maimed 346XP. Yeah, pretty bitter right now.

My wife urged me to buy another saw, honey you need a back up saw (she is great) so unless Husqvarna gives me a HUGELY INSANE discount on a new saw I am never buying their products again and will sell all my Husqvarna stuff, even the ear muffs . . . will this hurt them? NO, but they have a Facebook page and I am sure they will be happy when I share my true, factually accurate, non-slanderous, non-libelous story.

One more thing . . . had to use my 17 year old Craftsman to free the pinched Stihl because my "Professional" saw was . . . . . . . .
My sympathies!! I hope you get it resolved! That's why the last saw I bought was an Efco. Don't regret it. Pat's Small Engine is best price but Scott at Chainsawr.com is most knowledgeable. Always loved Husky but after they went Electolux and then big box stores forget it. Too big. And the new Stihls aren't what they used to be either. Virginia Beach and Brazil. Husky's building a plant in China!!!

My sympathies!! I hope you get it resolved! That's why the last saw I bought was an Efco. Don't regret it. Pat's Small Engine is best price but Scott at Chainsawr.com is most knowledgeable. Always loved Husky but after they went Electolux and then big box stores forget it. Too big. And the new Stihls aren't what they used to be either. Virginia Beach and Brazil. Husky's building a plant in China!!!

I would be most interested to hear more about Husqvarna building a plant in China to make chainsaws. Would you care to elaborate? Thnx.

I would be most interested to hear more about Husqvarna building a plant in China to make chainsaws. Would you care to elaborate? Thnx.

Id like to see something about that too. If Husky goes to china( which I dont think they will), I wont have another one.

Probably just a rumor, The owner of the local Echo dealer told me last week that Echo bought out Husky. I just said, ''Ah hell.'' :laugh:

Here it is...Bob
Husqvarna: Europe#& Asia/Pacific

Production

"In China handheld products such as trimmers and chainsaws in the low-price segment are produced".

Thanks Bob, Like you quoted, the low-price saws and trimmers, but still.......I just don't know.:dizzy:

Seems like when Husqvarna as a whole starts selling china junk, its gonna give them a bad name. I guess we shall see.

Hamish, no one ever diagnosed anything and when I told the dealer/tech big wig, Rick, he was not happy. Get this, Weirton Rental told me the compression was 90, but I happen to see the Jeff from the second dealer I took it to and he said, "it wasn't 90 when I had it " and his implication was it was not a compression issue, but he also said he would do a vacuum/leak down test, but after two weeks and no call from him, I had Husqvarna call him to check on the progress, he told me he did not have the tools to do a vacuum/leak down test . . . curious isn't it? And I know some on here are saying he got mad because I went over his head and he "fired" me, well maybe he should have called and said, "sorry dude, been busy can I have another week" I would have been fine with that, JUST COMMUNICATE, every communication through out this whole process (except one) started with me!

I am not taking sides here, but your story is blurr to say the least. I already expressed my doubts in your first thread, and I would love to hear the story on the other (dealers) side. I also stated in the other thread that I was very surprised that Husqvarna promised you to sent a new replacement saw just because you made a simple phone call....seems that my opinion got confirmed ;).

Sorry to say but you sound as either very naive, or not telling the entire story. I can understand one dealer fooling you around, but several dealers telling you bogus is a bit surprising to say the least.

Is there any AS member around to check out his saw ??

Latest posts

Back