346xp Scored Piston

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I don't think I can save my cylinder. I have gotten pitting above and below the exhaust port. Where is the best place to get a cylinder? Are there any aftermarket ones that are worth a damn?

Here are some pics. The pitting below the exhaust port is the worst. There are 4 little pits above the port and then some minor ones to the left bottom of the port. I have a meteor piston already, but if the pitting is gonna eat the piston up Id rather get a new cylinder.

I pushed the old ring inside the cylinder. The first time it caught in a couple places where the pits were. The 2nd time it caught less. Now it doesn't seem to catch at all. Does that seem to be a good test?

Hi Mtnyota..

A sponsor of this site..'chainsawr' (at top of page) sells the cylinder and also the cylinder kit.
Chainsawr World's largest inventory of Chainsaw Parts

Sells both just the cylinder - Chainsawr Search
(sold out right now..so I don't know the price)

And also the whole cylinder kit for 2008+ - Chainsawr husqvarna 346 xp chainsaw piston and cylinder kit (2008+)
(also sold out right now so I also don't know the price)

I'm thinking they must be good quality if they're sold out..??

Might give them a call to find out the prices and when available..??

These shown are both used..I would think original and not aftermarket...soo might have to wait..??

That cylinder looks 'toasted' err..waay pitted to me. But nmurph will better tell you than me..!!

Hope this will in someway help you if you can't use yours.
:cheers:
J2F

Last edited:
It looks worse in the first pic than in the second. It looks like you might have left the acid on too long and it ate into the cylinder.

Spike60 can get you OEM NE for about $200. I have some good AM's for less than half that much.

Latest posts

Back