350 inspection

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We’re using Yamaha bond it’s for smooth flat dirtbike case seams.? No machine marks needed.

All I’m trying to say there is gaps between the securing screws. You might want to check it.

Yer fricken mom's riled up...

I don’t like filling gaps with yamabond. The bottom that goes towards the crankcase was smooth originally. Still is now only flatter. The top side was rough milled where the gasket goes.

The huztl one cleaned up quicker. Maybe the orginal one was warped more from the heat.

With the cylinders once there assembled and run through a few heat cycles do you retorque the cylinder bolts? I ask this because on the dirtbike engines we retorque the cylinder base after a few heat cycles. If we don’t it can suck in the base gasket on the cylinder.

With the cylinders once there assembled and run through a few heat cycles do you retorque the cylinder bolts? I ask this because on the dirtbike engines we retorque the cylinder base after a few heat cycles. If we don’t it can suck in the base gasket on the cylinder.
Yes, but not for that reason.

Back