36 inch alaskan.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wavefreak

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
It looks like I'll be acquiring one.

I'm thinking a Husky 395xp would work really well on it. Just have to figure out to get one without freaking out the wife.

Does this mean I've got the disease?

Bobl--you needed to put a s on the end of saw. one or two saws??? HAH--be more than that before long. you know, a use for every saw in the stable??:biggrinbounce2::biggrinbounce2:

They don't all have to have a use, some just have to look pretty and/or sound nice. I could listen to the 090 or 041 Super idle all day long.

That'll be a good setup. It's the same that I started out with two years ago, and has served me well. Are you going to get a mini-mill to go along with it? It'll greatly speed things up for you. If you can, I'd recommend finding a lightly used saw rather than new. If you're going to be working it hard you may as well let someone else take the initial big depreciation hit.

Last edited:
They don't all have to have a use, some just have to look pretty and/or sound nice. I could listen to the 090 or 041 Super idle all day long.

That'll be a good setup. It's the same that I started out with two years ago, and has served me well. Are you going to get a mini-mill to go along with it? It'll greatly speed things up for you. If you can, I'd recommend finding a lightly used saw rather than new. If you're going to be working it hard you may as well let someone else take the initial big depreciation hit.

Looking for a used one. If I'm patient I should be able to get one. Already have a Haddon Lumber Maker - similar to a mini mill, but maybe a little less functional.

Back