361 on the way!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

burningtree

Reaction score
Well this is my first post here. I have been checking this site out for a long time now and it is just great. Well I did it, I checked around at a few dealers and did some major price shopping and feel I got a pretty good deal. The dealer did not have a 361 in stock but he was ordering more saws on monday and would have one in for me on wedsday. I have a MS290 right now and I think that is a great running saw. 90% of what i cut a 16" bar will handle with out a problem, but i also have a 24" bar that will fit on the 361 so I should have it all covered. I got the saw with a 16" b/c for $540 does that seem pretty resonable?

Well this is my first post here. I have been checking this site out for a long time now and it is just great. Well I did it, I checked around at a few dealers and did some major price shopping and feel I got a pretty good deal. The dealer did not have a 361 in stock but he was ordering more saws on monday and would have one in for me on wedsday. I have a MS290 right now and I think that is a great running saw. 90% of what i cut a 16" bar will handle with out a problem, but i also have a 24" bar that will fit on the 361 so I should have it all covered. I got the saw with a 16" b/c for $540 does that seem pretty resonable?

yep thats a good price and 16 in bar is what Iam going with as well trading a 260 in today for 361

Have Dealer put 28" bar on 361(You can ask for any bar you want make sure it's rollar tip not hard nose)and put 24" bar on 290 then you'll be covered. 16" is kind of a limbing bar somewhat small for both saws. Also 33RSC chain. Just my 2

I run a 20" bar with full comp chain and have no problem in the hardest of woods. (even before it was Snellerized) A 16" bar may be under utilizing that saw. BTW, congrats and welcome!

lol I think that 16in. in red oak is going to be sweeet I do have a 20in. bar that will fit it as well!

You got a good deal. I paid $619 out the door for mine.

As for the 16" bar, I run a 16 or 18 most of the time because most of my hardwood is small and I don't need a longer bar. Pine is another story , I have some 51 year old pine.

Sounds like you made a wise choice! Welcome to the site......

Warning- you'll be buying a 3rd saw very soon if you hang around here too much :)

new to the site as well.. thanks to the knowledge on here I bought a 361 3 weeks ago and have been finding it hard to put down ever since. Amazing saw! I use a 16" with 33 RSC and I couldn't be happier :)

Sounds like you made a wise choice! Welcome to the site......

Warning- you'll be buying a 3rd saw very soon if you hang around here too much :)

Well this isnt my second saw or third either. I am pretty sure I have this CAD thing lol.

I have a older echo cs-5000 super light and use it for limbing all the time.

I also have a poulan pro 3516 I guess that is my wifes saw (she doesnt use it much) but that little sucker runs like a top.

My 290 which i am selling to my dad because he decided he wanted a different saw and the 290 fit the bill for him.

My dad also has a older 045av with a 32" bar and an older John deere 50v

And now my 361, I am sure this wont be the last one either.

how much they givin ya on trade for your 260?

400.00 it was bought in may of this year,had a 180 before that keep thinking less weight is better but have came to think that power is the way to go just get the job none and move on

Last edited:
congratulations and welcome to the club :clap:

now go punch a hole in that muffler, you wont regret it especially with the 24" bar.

Might seem crazy with a new saw but they deserve to be opened up.

:cheers:

Congrats on the new 361!:clap::clap::clap:

And of course welcome to the Fray!

Have some rep! LOL!!!

If you're running a 16" bar you're losing out a bit on the overall utility value of the 361, but it should cut like a Light saber LOL!!!

Have fun with the new toy!

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

I run a 20" bar with full comp chain and have no problem in the hardest of woods. (even before it was Snellerized) A 16" bar may be under utilizing that saw.

If you're running a 16" bar you're losing out a bit on the overall utility value of the 361, but it should cut like a Light saber LOL!!!

:agree2:

20" = more reach and saves my back without a performance hit in hardwoods. But, hey, it's good to have an extra bar or seven around for when you need them. :D

Enjoy your new 361! :cheers:

Latest posts

Back