361 or 441 to go with the ms260

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have used my 441 almost daily since october, for milling and cutting firewood. I have nothing but good things to say about it. It has gotten stronger as it has broken in, and I look forward to using it each day. It uses about as much fuel as my cheap yardsale saws that are in the 50cc range. I am amazed at how little I have to clean the airfilter. If you can pick one up for $600, you better jump on it.

common sense

use your common sense....I've run both (361 & 441) and it was a no brainer for me. It'll cut any size firewood and then some, and all the advice you've recieved thus far has been good! The 460 is a good choice too, but it didn't sound like it was part of your original deal?? so use your common sense and go with the 441, you won't regret it!!

Thanks for the input guys, sounds like a 441 to me, do u guys think a 3/8 chain on a 260 will be fine for just limbing? I plan on switching over to a 16" 3/8 bar.
IMO 16 .325 ran both like the 3/8 enuf didn't change back. with 18 .325 would have suited me more. live an learn

The 441 actually is a tad heavier than advertised - the 460 is not.

If I eat a big breakfast, I am a tad heavier than advertised. It doesn't effect my sawing much.

With a 25" Stihl ES bar and a loop of RM chain my 441 is right at 20lbs with fuel and oil in it. The weight has never been an issue.

Last edited:
Back